Sunday, December 7, 2014

Products to use up by the end of 2014!!!

The "threat" of moving has passed... such is military life!  But I still feel this urge to downsize like a move is imminent.  We usually move every 3 years, and that was passed on July 2nd at our current duty station and we still have a month and a half of summer left.  I shouldn't even talk about it!  Moves can be fun, but they can also be stressful.  The kids are really excelling at school, truly gifted, and I do not want to uproot their lives at the moment...

Also...  I just made out my Sephora wishlist!  VIB by the end of the year.  I have goals people!  So since I tend to be an over achiever in the beauty department, why not plan ahead accordingly?  I will be sure to share soon. 



UPDATED!

I will start with skin care:

Previously mentioned in my current skincare post there are a few products that are more than half way done.  I want to continue using up those products.  Which shouldn't be a problem because it is really working out for me.  When my Olay night cream runs out, I will just switch to using my oils full time.  Likewise with the Olay eye cream DONE!, the Ole Heniksen will work fine day and night.

Here are some specific skin care items that I would like to work my way through as well by the end of the year:

Clinique All About Eyes Serum:  This is a nice product to depuff in the morning.  I like to slap this on right after washing my face, let it do it's magic and then follow up with an eye cream.  This product got lost in my Alex drawers.  Poor thing.

L'OREAL Youth Code Texture Perfector.  I don't really have an opinion of this.  I haven't seen any benefits of using this.  Hopefully with more consistent use, something will happen!  Stay tuned. 1/4 left to go!

Shiseido Pureness anti-shine refreshing lotion: I have a back up of this so I really need to be more consistent with its useage.  I will apply this product after cleansing and toning.  It is a salicylic acid treatment.  I have a quarter of the bottle left.  DONE!

Lotions: St. Ives Fresh Hydration Lotion Coconut Milk and Orchid Extract and Citrus and Vitamin C DONE!: These spray lotions are fun.  I'm not sure if they provide enough hydration for my skin though.  I have a lot of lotion to use up and these aren't my favorite scents.  They smell lovely but I have 2 super favorites and backups.  I'm hoping by leaving this out, I will be better about using lotion in general.  My skin gets really dried out in the summer! Stress Relief eucalyptus tea body cream and also Beach Sexy Tinted Body Lotion are both on the list to finish up as well.

Makeup:

3 foundations: L'OREAL Magic Nude Liquid Powder has about 3/4 left, Covergirl Outlast is nearing 3/4 BOTH DONE! and Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup (GAVE AWAY!) is pretty much full.  I have an obscene amount of brand new foundations lined up for winter and next summer at this and these are my 3 oldest.  L'OREAL and Covergirl are too light, Neutrogena is too dark/pink.  Neutrogena was a Bzz Agent #Gotitfree product that is quite nice but the color match is off. I'm hoping I can whip up a good color match by mixing.  This will be a tough area for me since I am really loving the Covergirl Outlast mixed with L'OREAL Lumi in W3.  It's perfection!  Well at least I will finish one foundation.  :)

Concealers: Maybelline FitMe in Light and Fair.  I really like these concealers.  It's strange that initially I did not.  However, I have many more in my drawer to use up as well.  I always know I can come back to FitMe ones though!  They are getting older and it's time to use them up. BOTH DONE!

Corrector:  I was going to list the Covergirl Olay corrector but who am I kidding.  It will never be used up in 2014.  However my Bobbi Brown in Light Bisque already has pan showing. MAJOR PAN! I really want to use this up and pick up the Armani Master Corrector which has been on my list for probably 2 years now.

Mascara: I have 2 more samples of Urban Decay Curling mascara to use up after an Almay intense I-color volumizing mascara and a water-proof L'OREAL Lash Out Butterfly mascara.  That should be plenty for less than 6 months.  ALL DONE!

Eyeliners:  My entire drawer basically but for immediate use Cailyn Gel Eyeliner Blue.  This gel liner is smudge proof and water resistant.  Should be perfect for the summer!  I picked up the blue at my first and only IMATS 2 years ago!  Eek!  I probably shouldn't even use it.

Bronzer:  Sonia Kashuk undetectable cream bronzer in warm tan.  I have hit pan on this beauty and absolutely love it.  However, it is a cream product so it is not going to last long.  I bought it last summer.  DONE!

Primers: L'OREAL Revitalift Miracle Blur and Clarins Instant Smooth are getting pretty old.  I also have 2 illuminating primers; Boost-It Instant Complexion Enhancer and L'OREAL Magic Lumi, equally in the aging cosmetic department.  The illuminating primers will work well with the 3 semi-matte foundations that I'm trying to use up!

Other random samples:

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Corrector
Too Faced Primed and Poreless
Lorac POREection mattifying face primer
Sephora Anti-shine Foundation Primer
Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm
Guerlain Essence L'Or
Benefit Big Easy (I want a full size of this so bad!!!  But I have too much right now!!!)
Peter Thomas Roth Squalane Oil

I also want to finish up a Rembrandt 2 Hour Whitening Kit.  I can only stand to do this 20 minutes at a time so I have 2 applications left! DONE!



So not a ton of products... If I get through this round quickly, I'm sure I can find more. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment