Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

I love a good exfoliator.  For years my favorite was of course, St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  Not sure why I stopped buying it.  Hmm...  I do remember buying it after a year or two hiatus and it had changed slightly. I might have to get some next trip to the drugstore just to have on hand. 

But back to Philosophy.  Sulfate-free is of course to be expected with this brand.  Only the best ingredients.  When they describe the products as "microdelivery," they mean it. The scrubbing entities are so fine, they effectively slough off the top layer of skin extremely gently.  My skin turns into this maniac irritable redness state but at the same time, I need to exfoliate that top layer of dullness.  St. Ives is perfect for me in the summer when my skin is less sensitive.  I can scrub the dickens out of it with the mega grit.  In the winter, I need something more soothing. 


Think of Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash like the final polish of that Rock Tumbler kit you used to have as a kid.  Well I never had one, I always wished I had.  I'm sure I will be getting one soon for one of the kids.  lol  But it's that final step when you need that extra shine and glow.  That's what this exfoliator will do for your skin.  In theory of course, but when I looked at the results from using it for a week now, I see a difference.  It says that the exfoliating wash is gentle enough to use daily.  I agree maybe for some, but for me, every other day or every 2 days is perfect.  It has a nice lather as well.

It's choose your own adventure with this product.  You can buy it in 4oz, 8 oz, 16 oz, or a whopping 32 oz bottle.  And a little goes a long way with this product.  You don't need a handful, maybe a nickel size amount might be just about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment