Monday, August 1, 2011

MUJI time!

Happy August!  Totally incredulous that the summer is coming to a close.  In my school day past, as soon as August arrived, summer just flew by.  I expect it to be the same this year as my daughter and I anticipate the first day of First Grade! 

So here they are, the MUJI Acrylic 5 Drawer Case. 

The cases arrive super secure. Bubble wrap around them, bubble wrap on the bottom and top of the box and the cases are sealed in plastic. I reuse bubble wrap all the time so no waste here. Plus as we move from place to place, I just pack them up in the original box and wrap.




Before... All makeup is in the bags... 


Now this was the mess I had been dealing with for 4 weeks waiting for base housing.  This is in the bathroom of the first house we were house sitting before that a hotel, before that my mother's house, next my brother's lakehouse, after that house sitting, after that, back to the hotel...  Deep breaths.

Total chaos, made both myself and my totally calm husband a little anxious.  It looks like a ton but this is a very basic supply people.  I needed to pack enough for 3 months...  Face remover wipes, eye makeup removers, tonor, hair gloss, my fave John Frieda lightening spray, hand sanitizer, ZOYA nail polish remover, I only have 4 bottles of nail polish right now...

 After... Ahhh... Not quite home, but much better for my temporary situation.


So since the dawers are not very deep, several products could not fit. My Lioele Beyond the Solutions BB cream for example. The very top of the tube is too big as well as eyelash curler, Maybelline blusher etc... But MUJI does have a solution. They offer a deeper 2 drawer case with a lid topper. Which of course I am on the waiting list for.


So first drawer is reserved for foundations/finishing powder.  I have BE in both fair and fairly light.  Fair I use for setting my under eye concealer and fairly light is almost too light for my NC tanned skin.  It is too yellow on my pale winter white skin....  Tanning wasn't planned or wanted.  I'm not convinced I like myself tan yet.  I wear 50 spf everyday, all day.  I'm not going to sit inside all day and miss out on my beach time either.  No Vit. D defiency down here.


Second drawer, concealers (Maybelline, L'OREAL, Garnier, Erase paste), eye primer (UD primer potion, Benefit, Bare Minerals), Rapid Lash, one Benefit cream eyeshadow base in RSVP.  See, I just have the basics!  lol 


More eye products.  Just 2 palettes.  Yes just two.  NYX Carribean and WnW I'm Getting Sunburned.  Did you know if you blend the brown crease color (middle) and the brow (pink) together you get an amazing purple?  Yeah amazing.  The brown on it's own is my new fave liner.  It looks amazing.  Okay that's enough for the word amazing. 

Oh and one PF mascara which I need a new one as it is almost done.  So I have a white liner from Rimmel, an Almay brown liner and high light duo, a L'OREAL liquid liner, it's black but metallic, shiny.  Oh a CG shadow blast.


Lips...  2 Milani Haute Flashes, CG Natureluxe, Timeless Tawny, Nivea shimmer balm and a random AVON lip liner that I never use...


Here I have my elf bronzer, Revlon highlight powder, PF color correcting powder and some sample finishing powders from Meow which I need to order full sizes now since they are have their birthday sale!


Random tube drawer right now.  Eye cream (Aveda, L'OREAL youth code), sebum gel, AVON cuticle gel, blink tears, Bare Minerals blemish stuff...


Brushes!!!  Which are not going to stay in here and most will be pitched/stored for a rainy day.  I've had the Bare Minerals for almost 7 years now...  The Sonia Kashuk bamboo set is just not as soft as I would like them.  Some hurt actually.  There is a good highlighter brush and a small detail concealer brush which are nice.  I picked the set up during a Target Daily Deal last winter.  All of my elf brushes are packed.  I just wanted to take the essentials.  I did grab the 2 Real Techiniques in the back (stipling and angled foundation) brushes since I arrived here in NC.  I like them a lot.


And the last randomness.  My very last hair tie, I have lost 19 since I've been here.  Cuticle cream, tweezers...  Those Revlon pomegranate makeup remover wipes work amazing but the smell was the worst.  It was subtle, but enough to not like the smell.  They are a discontinued item that I picked up cheap at Ocean State Job Lots up in MA.  I used them all...  Waste not want not...

So there you have it.  The drawers are not going to stay like this.  In fact they are currently packed as we have just arrived at our second house sitting gig and I am back to living out of make up bags currently. 

But I hope this give you an idea of how wonderful these drawers are!



My hair inspiration...  It pretty much looks like this now when I wake up with bed head...  I just need a couple more layers in the front as they are all grown out... 

Last but not least...  UD 15 Year Anniversary Palette.  Yeah, I've opened it once to look at it and it's been boxed up since.  Currently wrapped in my bathrobe in some luggage.
 Happy August!  Here's to a productive month!










2 comments:

  1. I am jealous! When you said they were in stock I immediately went to the site to buy them, then remembered I don't have a job. Suck.

    ReplyDelete