Monday, January 4, 2010

My Current Skin Care Regiment



My current skin care regiment is AVON's Anew Rejuvenate line. Not sure how much it all cost but it was definitely on sale or at a special price. I have tried it all really. Clinique, Lancome, Khiel's, Mary Kay, Arbonne… All great products but on my budget? No dice. I have combination/oily skin, well I did before using this line. The Revitalizimg 2-in-1 gel cleanser is non-drying but you still get that clean feeling. In the morning I follow the cleanser with Flash Facial and the day lotion. Not really sure what the flash facial is supposed to do but I use it anyway. After the Flash Facial I put on a little of the day lotion. Love lotions with a SPF of 25 that are not greasy! I have fair skin and I need the protection from the sun but I also do not like the feeling that I have lotion on my face. It absorbs well and your skin feels soft and refreshed. I also use the 24 hour eye moisturizer as well. I can't say enough about hydrating your skin. I used to skip moisturizing because I thought I had enough oil. I learned that I was stripping my skin of all oils and my skin overcompensated which resulted in greasy face. This may seem like too many products for some but bottom line you need a good face wash, a day lotion with an SPF, a lotion for night as well and of course eye creams are an absolute must if you want to stave away those lines. The skin is going to age and lose elasticity as the years go by. However by keeping hydrated, eating lots of fruits and veggies (antioxidants, antioxidants, antioxidants!!!), reducing or eliminating alcohol from your diet and moisturizing that delicate skin tissue around your eyes, you can buy yourself some time before the inevitable sets in! What I have noticed with this line is that the fine lines around my eyes are less noticeable, my pores are visibly smaller and I had a brown spot above my right eye and I cannot see it anymore. So those are two huge changes that are very important to me when I use a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment