Thursday, April 5, 2012

Influenster Love VoxBox!

I was fortunate enough to receive the latest box from Influenster, the Love VoxBox and I was very happy with the products that I was able to try out!

If you are unfamiliar with Influenster you need to first follow me on twitter,  @SavvyBeauty1  and  to get up to speed!  lol   


From facebook, "Influenster is an exclusive community of trendsetters using their influential power to qualify for complimentary product shipments, rewards and deals fit for their lifestyles."


If you want to be an Influenster trendsetter head over to their website and create a profile.  From there you can unlock badges by completing surveys and reviews of products.  If you fit the profile that they are looking for during a VoxBox launch, you could be selected to receive one.


Also you can be selected to receive other products in addition to the VoxBoxes to test out and review.  I received an email and completed a survey about a new dishwashing liquid that needs to be tested.  I was selected to participate in this special product testing campaign.












Gillette Venus & Olay Razor

The product that I was most excited to try was the Gillette Venus & Olay Razor.  I have emphasized in the past my disdain for shaving and the dreaded razor bumps that I receive.  In the past the only razor that I have had a successful shaving experience is one borrowed from my husband but for the life of me I can't remember it right now.  It's not the Gillette ProGlide that he uses currently, but the one before that one.  :)  Anyway, it's was "men's" razor!  I want a "woman's" razor.

So I finally found my razor!  Yay!  Gilette Venus & Olay.  It has 5 blades and 2 moisturizing strips.  The handle is comfortable to hold.  I tend to drop heavy straight ones frequently in the shower, I have had no issues with the dropsies with this one!

If you don't have any shaving gel, save your $$!  you will not need a thing with this razor.  With all razors, I like to wet them under warm/hot running water for a few seconds and you are ready to start shaving!


I've seen the replacement cartridges on sale anywhere between $15 and $19 depending on where you shop.  Grab your coupons and your drugstore reward card to save you a few $$ and you will have soft and smooth legs in no time!


Ghiradelli Gourmet Milk Creamy Devotion

The next product that was an instant love was the Ghiradelli Gourmet Milk Creamy Devotion.  I don't usually crave sweets but if they are around, I do grab for them.  Since I've been working out like a madwoman, well that's a bit of a stretch, but I have been avoiding sugar in general as much as I can.  However, I do know the perils of eliminating sugar completely... the cravings!

So this Ghiradelli bar was a wonderful treat at night before bed with some hot tea.  I would break off a square and it was my nighttime indulgence that I earned for being good all day and working out!  Ghiradelli chocolate is a product that I routinely buy for baking and cookies so it was no surprise that I would like this one!

Stash Tea Herbal Sampler

Stash tea is a pantry staple for me as I drink tea on the regular.  I have a cup of joe in the morning and mostly green tea for the rest of the day when I need a little pick me up.   Having the Stash Tea Herbal Sampler introduced me to other flavors and my daughter got into picking out her favorite varieties and having a cup with me at night.  She has always wanted to have green tea with me but since I do not buy the decaffeinated I would never let her have any.

The Stash Tea Sampler has 2 packets each of 9 caffeine free flavors.  Her favorite was peppermint and mango passionfruit.  I would have to water down the mango for her as it was a bit strong for her.  I liked them all except for licorice spice.  There isn't really a "tea" flavor to it, just straight up licorice.  

Truvia

Next in the VoxBox that I tried was Truvia.  I was very curious about this one as it is touted as a "natural" sweetener and I have been hesitant because Splenda started out as natural and quite frankly, ad campaigns are really confusing and you have to do your own research to find out if they are telling the honest truth about things.

Truvia is a non-nutritive sugar substitute derived from the Stevia plant.  The use of sweetener from the Stevia  plant is relatively new in the US but it has been used as a sweetener in Japan for decades apparently.  Stevia has now been approved for use in EU as of December 2011 and has been used in the US since the early 1990's.  In high concentrations it can taste bitter or a licorice-like aftertaste.  Which I taste in Truvia just like I remember Equal and Sweet-n-Low tasting like.

I do not like Truvia in my coffee.  However, I am very particular about my coffee.  I need to have honey or if none is available, just a tiny spoonful of sugar.  I have been putting Truvia in my oatmeal, which I can still slightly taste as "foreign", but I can tolerate it and I'm cutting down on my sugar intake.

The only sugar substitute I ever really liked was Splenda before that I preferred Equal over Sweet-n-Low.   I went no carb/low carb a few years ago and I would use Splenda in my coffee and I couldn't really tell the difference.  However, their ad campaign was very deceitful as they said it was "made from sugar."  I didn't read up on it or do research at the time so I really thought it was natural.  Needless to say, I was a little irritated by this and stopped using it completely.

So as far as a natural alternative to sugar goes, Truvia is the one.  It is derived from the leaf of the Stevia plant and it has negligible effect on blood sugar.


Did you receive the Love VoxBox?


No comments:

Post a Comment