Friday, August 31, 2012

Essence Color & Go

I picked up this gem last week on a trip to Ulta.  I needed an extra $2 (or so I thought) to use a $3.50 off $10.00 coupon.  I had been looking for the new LE Maybelline Color Tattoos and finally found the new display! They were priced incorrectly at $4.99 a piece.  They ended up being $6.99.  But the mix up turned out well because I wouldn't have grabbed this polish!

At $1.99, Essence is a great value and #122 Chic Reloaded is an amazing multi-chrome.  It is a smaller bottle at 0.27 fl oz/8mL when compared to the "usual" size of .5 fl oz/ 15mL.  I like the bottle design and the color of the polish is on the handle.  


Natural Light


Artificial Light


There was something familiar about this color but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  But it is also very unique.  The color reminds me of a oil-slicked puddle on asphalt.  All kinds of pretty colors!  

It has a dark gray base with flecks of green and teal that shift more prominent in natural light.  In artificial light, you will see the pink and purple shift more prominent as you can see from the pictures above.  But if you just move your fingers, you will see all the colors in any light.  Very cool.

I had no problems with the formula and the polish dries relatively fast.  I have on 2 thin coats for the photos below.  

I do have a bubble on my index finger but I'm pretty sure it's from my Seche top coat.  It's starting to get pretty thick.  We all know how that story ends...









The next time you are in Ulta and need a $1.99 more to use a $10 coupon, grab one of these babies.  This was the only one that caught my eye on the display, so I will be paying more attention to Essence during future visits to Ulta.  That is if I ever step foot in there again...  :(

Have you tried Essence before?  Are there any other unique colors that I need to check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment