Saturday, June 2, 2012

Get thee to Big Lots!

I've been in a Big Lots store maybe 5 times in my life.  3 times back in Massachusetts when one first opened up in the old TJ Maxx locale and twice with my husband in upstate New York.  The one in NY was trashed.  I mean super dirty, carts were all banged up and rusted, floor was a mess, stock was just piled up and scattered about.

When we moved to NC, I knew of one down the street and a friend of mine said that it had some good stuff.  Well I was reading on Nouveau Cheap that some readers had spotted Philosophy at their Big Lots.  I figured, no way would Philosophy be in my Big Lots.  Well curiosity literally drove me into the parking lot.

This Big Lots was so clean and neat and organized!  Organic products!  What?  It is a smaller Big Lots but well stocked and I was impressed with the variety that I forgot all about Philosophy.  Until I spotted a small basket on the top shelf.  Filled with Philosophy highlighters, blushes, lip balm, and concealer.  Most had been opened and dipped into but I grabbed the things that I was interested in with their safety seals still intact.


I grabbed from left to right:  Grace Angel Kiss Lipgloss in Pretty Please 01, The Supernatural You Make Me Blush Mineral Blush Duo in Healthy/Happy 03, The Supernatural Lit From Within Healthy Cream Blush in Bare Your Soul 01, Divine Illumination Love at First Light Ageless Skin Illuminator and  Eye Hope Extra Light Concealer 01.

The best part, each item was only $3.  What an amazing deal.  Great company, high quality products, sleek packaging...

Here are some detailed photos.  Warning, there are a lot of them!  Oh and I love the reflection from the window with my Bonsai tree.  So Zen!  One rainy day ago the kids were playing in my light box.  It was destroyed to say the least.  I need to "build" another one.  






















The concealer is a bit light for me now that I have my summer "tan."  The above photos are pre-sun.  I suspect I will be getting pretty dark for me this summer as I do spend a lot of time outside.  Don't worry, I wear my 85 spf (I know, I know, nothing over 30 makes a huge difference) but I still got a ton of color this weekend reapplying every 2 hours, for a total of 3 times.  The Southern sun is no joke.

Also I love a good sugar and salt scrub.  The only problem is, they are so flipping expensive!  Even when you make your own.  Believe me, I've tried.  But I picked up this one for $4.


Amazing stuff!  I need to go back and clear the shelf.  I'm not joking.  I hope there is some still left.  It's a huge tub, smells of cranberry and coconut.  It's the perfect salt and oil mix, not too oily that you are slipping in sliding in the shower but just enough that you are not scraping and scratching your skin.  I do not feel the need to moisturize afterwards.  Good stuff!


Then only thing I could have done without as of course the red dye.  The fragrance is very subtle.  And Dead Sea Salts always leave my skin soft and smooth.  There were a few other products by this brand that I am interested in picking up as well.

Were you able to get to your local Big Lots?  No?  Well get there before these beauties are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment