Monday, March 11, 2013

BB Cream crazy...

I...will...try...them...all... Actually, I think I am nearing the end of the try. I recently received a Dr. Jart sample in my Birchbox last month and it might be the one. I've only used it once though. :)

I still want to try some higher end ones like Smashbox, Tarte... I've tried all of the drugstore and even one from Sally's.  I also found a foundation just yesterday that I really love!  More on that later.  :)

But recently, well let's be honest here, it has been a couple of months, I bought the newest Garnier incarnation for oily skin, Garnier BB cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin. Yay!







I know that your skeptical.  It's not like an Asian BB cream at all. It's totally American and totally different from any BB cream I have tried for that matter. Should American BB cream really be called a BB cream, well no.  But I'm not going to make that argument in this review.  It's been done...  lol

One, it's runny. I mean, super liquidy. It reminds me of Urban Decay Naked Foundation without the silicone feel.  But don't let that deter you, it's pigmented. Not in a full coverage kind of way, but in a BB cream kind of way. It's also darker than the one shade Asian BB cream which isn't a surprise either. I picked up the light/medium shade.

It's very similar to the original Garnier BB cream in terms of the color but that's the only comparison between the two. That wicked strong chemically floral smell? Well it's gone and replaced with a much lighter scent that disappears almost immediately. That glowy, dewy (umm shiny) finish? That's gone too and replaced with a semi-matte, natural finish. I like it. My winter pale has totally set in and I'm finding it difficult to match my skin with the products in my repertoire. However, the Garnier BB cream for oily/combo skin blends in quite nicely and I can run out the door knowing I have a pretty good match. That's what I want from a BB cream/tinted moisturizer. Effortlessness.




Though BB creams are "supposed" to be skincare, who are we really kidding? For those of us who are truly skincare conscious, we have so many other products in our cabinets... Is 20 SPF adequate coverage for the depleting ozone layer?  No ma'am...  You will need another sunscreen for sure. 

The most important question... Does it keep the oils at bay for an "All-Day Shine Control"?  Well short answer no. I'm not going to sugar coat it. It's winter down here in NC. 30's and 40's. Zero humidity. I've had days with "normal" skin, with minimal oiliness. But for the most part, my skin is still combo/oily. That being said, I've come to except that blotting and powdering are going to happen no matter how good the product. So with the Garnier BB cream for combination to oily skin I can go 5 hours without that uncomfortable shine peaking through. 

But I will say that it's claims of  "immediately mattifies, minimizes pores" are quite true but "conceals imperfections" is a bit of a stretch. If you have near perfect skin, yes, it will conceal your imperfections, but for my imperfections, I still need concealer. It is a light to medium coverage in my opinion.

Now I will say that I liked the original Garnier. I would slap it on before a run or the gym or a quick jaunt to the store. It did the job and looked great.  However, after 1-2 hours it would start slipping off my face. The smell was very noticeable but something I could get over. But after recently throwing it on to run out the door, the scent literally knocked me out. I hadn't used it for months so I'm not sure if it was going bad or that I developed a sensitivity to perfumes but I immediately had to pitch it. Plus I have a replacement!

I apply Garnier BB cream for combination to oily skin either with a Beauty Blender or my fingers.  I have used a brush but I prefer the other two methods.  I usually apply one thin layer and then add another layer to cover up the redness of my cheeks.  It will stick to dry patches so if you are combination, make sure you exfoliate and lightly moisturize before the application of this product.  For my skin type, this product provides adequate moisturization on it's own, but I usually start off with a serum or a primer.

Garnier BB cream is readily available at the drugstores and grocery stores and priced anywhere from $10-13.  I have been reaching for this product the most since I picked it up just after the 1st of the year.  It has that effortless factor and I am really enjoying it.

Have you tried Garner BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment