Saturday, November 28, 2015

MakeOut 2105 Update!


How's it going?  :)

I decided to check in to my Makeout 2015 blog post and see how I was doing since I just "participated" in Sephora's November VIB sale.  So much for the updates in May and September.  Oopsies.

Finally ordered Giorgio Armani's Master Corrector which I vowed at the beginning of this year to purchase.  Happy to get 20% off during the VIB sale last week, well over the weekend.  I literally just hit submit, panicking that I wouldn't get the 20% off.  Luckily it was still saved in my cart.  Thank you Sephora!  It only took 11 months to finish 90% of 2 concealers.  But I stayed the course and held off on making a purchase.  Dwindling down the makeup collection is still the goal!  

Looking through my purchase history this year at Sephora and I'm not seeing much.  In February, I ordered L'Occitane Shea cleansing oil which I really liked.  I have a draft blog post in March about my current skincare routine at the time that I think I will still publish.  Products have changed since then but it was a good routine!  I am almost out of my current routine so I will share that as well.

In April, I ordered the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops and cashed in a ton of points on samples.  I eventually returned the Cover Drops.  I of course researched for a good month before purchasing.  I'm not sure if it was the wrong color choice, G20, or the fact that I couldn't get it to blend or mix well with the products that I had at the time, but I just couldn't make it work for me.  I'm tempted to order N20.  

This year, I fell back in love with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation.  I have 2 shades, 52 and 53 which I mix depending on how light or dark my skin is at the time.  This foundation is really working well for me.  I'm working on a current foundation/makeup routine post...  :). Lovely dirty caps.


Fast forward to October, my 3rd order of the year just came in last week.  I used my quarterly Ebates Cash Back as a gift card to Sephora to purchase the Sephora Beauty Sleep favorites since I was/am running out a evening skincare products.

It contains Korres Wild arose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral Enriched Renewal Cream, Ole Henricksen Invigorating Night Treatment and Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night oil.  It's a great set but I wish I didn't spend $30 on it.  Luckily, this purchase was covered by my Ebates Cash back gift card but I forgot all about the VIB sale that launched 2 weeks later! 



Also picked up my first Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light.  I thought it was on sale for $22 but as it turns out, it is a small travel size.  I am very tempted by the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette but at $80, I need to make sure that I really like the powders first.  :)

So as for makeup purchase for 2015, I'm under the 5 makeup purchases!  I also sold a few unopened/unused eyeshadow palettes.  I will start working on my inventory for 2016 but as far as purchases go...

Armani Master Corrector was on an exception list so it doesn't count for the 5.

1. L'OREAL Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation in 104 Golden Beige
2. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup in 2N1 Dessert Beige
3. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light


Of course the foundation purchases were no-no's and not authorized in my contract but I was looking for a darker foundation for the summer.  I also have a tough time when my skin changes in the Spring and these 2 purchases were a result of the search.  As it turns out, Bourjois has been my saving grace all year.

But the takeaway...  Only 4 purchases all year!  (So far...) I'm not really sure that the mascara purchase counts because I used up all of my samples.  :)  This was bought over the summer during my only CVS trip of the year over the summer for practically free of course.  I've been that good all year!

Does anyone remember SavvyBeauty's 100 pan challenge in 2011....  Hmmm?  Well recently, I discovered a YouTuber who is conducting her own Project 100 Pan, autumnmoore08.  So...  Guess what I'm going to launch very soon?  You guessed it, another Project 100 Pan Challenge for 2016.  Already made my list!  



Of course it will include samples, hair care, skincare, bodycare, makeup...  I have more 100 items that I could use up.  Scary!  I'm not going to include basic shampoo and conditioner since my family usually shares those items but treatments, deep conditioners and hair masks; those will be included.  More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment