Being the savvy shopper that I am, I was quite enticed by the $1 products I saw on the website. http://www.eyeslipsface.com/home Have a ever bought cosmetics at a dollar store before? Umm, no. Did I buy e.l.f. products on a clearance shelf a few weeks ago at Target? Well, no I didn't. What was it about the website? For one, I like to look at the "looks" presented. Then I scrolled through the products. Only costs a dollar right?
All the products came in a padded envelope and then in an e.l.f. bag. Nice touch.
Well I tried everything out and for the most part, I'm impressed. Again, this is my personal view and personal experience with each product.
1. Tinted moisturizer SPF 15, color: Apricot beige. I like it. Great coverage, great color. I will order this again. It does have a slight smell to it, I barely remember it. At first it went on dark but it dried lighter. I set it with some powder and it lasted two hours out in the blistering cold, snow, shoveling the driveway and sledding in the backyard, it's still going strong. We all need some SPF to ward off those wrinkles!
2. All over coverstick, color: Aprocot beige. I really like it. I will order this again. Held up great and perfect for the redness around my nose this time of year!
3. Brightening Eye Color, Silver Lining. I like it. These are my go to colors and they work perfectly. I'm not sure if I will order again. I love my mineral shadows. But these are great to keep in your purse for on the go touch ups.
4. Brightening Eye Color, Nouveau Neutrals. I like it. I probably won't order this pallete again, but again, great colors.
5. Plumping Lip Glaze, color: Baby doll. Tastes like soap, literally like a bar of soap. The plumping glaze stings, not a tingle, but stings slightly. (maybe a bad batch?) This color does not show up on my lips. It looks like clear gloss. It does plump the lips.
6. Plumping Lip Glaze, color: Ruby kiss. This color doesn't taste like soap. Phew. The plumping glaze feels very cold to the lips and less of a stinging sensation. Nice color, faint, but nice. It does plump the lips.
7. I'm going to group the brushes together. I bought a blending eye brush, eye shadow brush, and defining eye brush. I used them on the palettes. There was a little shedding. No weird smells. Very soft. Great brushes for a dollar comparable to any drug store brush I have tried.
8. Nail block. 4 sides; Step 1: File, Step 2: Remove Ridges, Step 3: Buff, Step 4: Polish and Shine. My nails are a little to thick for the first step. Nothing like etre. Have you seen them in the mall lately? Dying to run into one of their kiosks. Great stuff.
Eyes Lips Face also has a studio line and a minerals line. The studio line runs a little higher than e.l.f. There is always a promo code for 10% off, free color collections etc. Just do a little research to find a deal. Right now they are doing 10 for 2010. With a minimum $10 order so 10 products, you will get 10 more for free. Shipping is $6.95 for U.S. orders. The 10 free products consist of mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow brush, Brightening eye color, false eyelashes, liquid liner in both black and silver and eye primer, eye lash curler and make-up wedges for application. Not a bad deal.
All in all, pretty good. I will be re-orderding the Tinted Moisturizer and the All Over Cover Stick. Quite frankly, the color match was right on for my skin tone and that is a rarity. Also I like the creaminess of the coverstick and the coverage was great. $2 for face coverage is a great deal.