Thursday, January 14, 2010

Origins

I know I'm not following my list of upcoming blog posts but this is worth mentioning!!!

So last week Origins was offering a free $20 skincare gift with any purchase.  I can't say that I have ever ordered anything from Origins before.  As I was looking through the website I came across Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil.  It was shipped immediately and I received my order in 4 days.  Plus I liked the way it was hand packaged.  Love that! 

The instructions say to massage the cleansing oil on to dry skin.  And it does feel like an oil.  Then you are to add water and continue massaging into a "milky lotion."  Let me just say, it smells like a soothing spa facial treatment.  It smells of lavender and citrus, sort of lemony.  It is a gorgeous clean scent.  The oil leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth!  I love it! 

For years I battled oily skin and I truly thought I had oily skin.  Thankfully, I never suffered from breakouts.  But I found out that I was stripping my skin of it's precious oils and it was overcompensating.  Indeed, during my very first facial the woman asked me what cleanser I used.  She said my skin was very dry.  I was thinking, "Okay, what is this lady trying to sell me?"  I knew I had oily skin, I even avoided a moisturizer because I thought I didn't need it.  Well she was trying to sell me her products but she also shared with me a very important piece of information.  The more you strip your skin of it's oils, the more it will produce.  She told me to switch to a cream based cleanser right away and incorporate a moisturizer.  

I've been using the cleansing oil for the past few days and I absolutely love it.  It was $19.50.  Pretty pricey I know for a savvy shopper but it's made with natural oils and it cleans my face beautifully.  It also came with $20 worth of free gifts.  I picked the Age fighting kit.  This kit includes A Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea and Modern Friction Nature's gentle dermabrasion.   I haven't tried these two products yet.
They are perfect travelling sizes so I may just put them in my train case for the next roadtrip.  It also came with A Perfect World White tea skin guardian that is to be worn under a moisturizer.  I put it on after cleansing my face one night and it has a very silky feel to it.  The website says this, "Protect your skin against the damaging effects of oxidative stress with the now-famous White Tea wonder. Creates a protective bubble around skin. Helps build skin's resistance to environmental damage and visible signs of aging."  We'll all need a little of that for sure!  http://www.origins.com/templates/products/search_results.tmpl?KEYWORDS=a+perfect+world I have not tried it on under a moisturizer during the day however to see how my makeup holds up with it's presence.  More on that later!



The next sale they have, I will definitely me ordering more of Origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment