Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Nexxus review...

So I have never tried Nexxus prodcuts unless they were used on my hair in a salon.  I always passed them by in the drugstores because they are so dang expensive.  Well Rite Aid was offering a $6 off 2 purchase a while back and I paired it with some $3 coupons I received in the mail and from a friend and they were offering 50% off or $10 off $20 purchase or something along those lines.  So with all the savings, I could get Nexxus for like $3 a bottle.  Why not?  So I actually have 3 different varieties, the first I tried was Nexxus Dualiste Color Protection Volume Shampoo and Conditioner, the green bottle.

I was dying to finish up the shampoo that I had in the shower to try this out.  First of all it has dual formulas in each bottle, a color protection side and a volume side.  It has a nice scent, kind of fruity.  You have to take the cap off and pump your desired amount so it's a little more complticated than flipping the cap and squeezing.  I thought it was kind of fun, you do have to hold the bottle at a 45 degree angle and if you have some soap on your hands it does get a bit slippery...  The shampoo has a great lather but I found that the conditioner did not have enough for my type of hair.  The formula works amazing on my daughter's hair however leaving it tangled free.  I however have to follow up with a leave-in conditioner.  My hair is thicker and color treated.  Is it my favorite Nexxus product?  No.  I liked the Therappe Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo much more.  But I would use John Frieda Root Awakening any day over this more expensive brand for sure.
And on to my second Nexxus review...

Nexxus Humetress Luxe Ultimate Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner

Love, love, love this stuff!  Thankfully I bought it with the dualiste because I needed it!  Love the pina colada smell and how light weight it is.  Usually by this time of year my hair would be electrically charged.  It is also a wonderful detangler and it doesn't weigh down the hair.  However it is pricey and I would never have picked it up if it wasn't on sale.  But then again, I can be pretty thrifty... 

No comments:

Post a Comment