Friday, May 11, 2012

Glossybox USA is here!

For serious.

"Welcome to the world of GLOSSYBOX!"

I've been waiting for this day, well yesterday for a long time.  All those blogposts and videos from across the pond and to my very North...  All those lovely lucky ducks opened up this amazing pink box filled with huge travel size as well as full size products, while we toyed with our boxes and bags of tiny sample packets...

Rumors were going around for a little while that Glossybox was indeed heading over the the States.   Then a website emerged where you could submit your email address for a chance to receive a free Glossybox.  And the email informing me, yes me, was a Glossybox winner on March 31st!  What?!  You never can tell with these things so I just sat back and sure enough, a tracking code was emailed 2 months later.  Can you say patience is a virtue?!

I literally feel like a 5 year old on Christmas day!  :)







So on to the goodies!

C.O. Bigelow Shampoo lavender-peppermint formula:  How did they now lavender is my all time favorite scent?  It's a lovely shampoo.  I love the simple packaging.  Simple packaging to me means, all the money is spent on the product ingredients.  My hair has been on the fritz lately.  Not sure what is going on, crispy dry ends, oily roots, feels like it is heavy, maybe some build up.

It's almost back to normal after using this shampoo for a week, 3 washes to be exact.  I would love to try the conditioner with it to see if the combo would be all the faster.  It does have sodium laureth sulfate which might be a deal breaker for some, but I've been using my sulfate-free conditioning cream and it seems to leave some buildup without the occasional deep clean.  So something to consider.

Cargo EyeBronzer:  Bronze is just the perfect color summer color!  At first I thought this was going to be a liquid because of the shaker balls in it.  I shook it up, opened the top and bam, a powder!  Interesting...  This product is a pigment, which is very buttery like UD shadows that I love!  Blends out beautifully and you can pack it on with a black winged liner for some drama or sheer it out for a nice effortless put together summer look.  It's gorgeous.

 

Here is the EyeBronzer sandwiched between Urban Decay Half Baked on the left and Smog on the right.



And here they are sheered out in the hot North Carolina sun!  Smooth...


basq Cucumber Tea Soothing Eye Gel:  You need an eye gel in your life, yes you do, and preferably stored in the fridge.  I reserved cooling eye gels for those itchy allergy mornings (rarity), mornings after a late night, and those mornings when you over did it on the salt during the previous day.  If you don't know what I mean, wait a couple of years.  You'll see!

I used Mary Kay's eye gel for years until we moved, yet again and I think it's in my mother's fridge at the moment.  Every time I'm in MA, I forget all about it and frankly by now, it has to be expired.  I welcome this new one and it's already chilling in the fridge!


Kryolan High Gloss Lipshine in Toffee.  It's the perfect, opaque, glossy nude lippie.  I'm horrible at applying lipsticks.  I loathe them.  I love lip gloss.  I loathe the constant need to reapply.  This one from Kryolan gives you the color, the shine and the opacity.  It's that perfect stickiness that you know will last.  Sure I need to reapply after eating, it's not a stain, but it's long wearing for me.  

Nude lipsticks and I don't get along most of the time.  This one has a nice pinky/peach that complements my skin tone.  It even smells like toffee and has a hint of sweetness.  I like it!



Erno Laszio The Hollywood Collection Sample pack:  Glossybox has really hit a homerun with me with this. I've been lemming after some Erno Laszio products for some time.  I really wish the sizes were bigger so I could try them for weeks on end...  ;)  The collection is sold for $125 which I will have someday...  This boxed set has creams inspired by some of Hollywoods most iconic beauties, Ava, Katherine, Marilyn, Grace and Greta.  I can't wait to try these!  



OPI Kiss me on my Tulips:  This is from OPI's Spring 2012 Holland Collection.  One that I loved every single color from but really couldn't justify purchasing as my collection has tipped the scales at over 200.  I am not comfortable with that number.  lol  I have recently given my niece a few bottles.  I should have myself a re-count. :)

I have already worn this and I can't find the photos!  Gasp!  It's a gorgeously girly hot pink cream.  The formula is perfect.  2 thin coats and 20 minutes is all you need to have a perfect summer mani/pedi.  With a layer of Seche Vite of course!


So there you have it.  Pretty nice assortment of products.  Brands that I have not yet tried.  FULL SIZE products...

Now you are probably wondering what this is going to set you back a month.  I was curious too.  I thought for sure $35 or $40 for some reason and was happy that I got this box but knew I would never get another one.

As of last night you can sign up for this service and curiously I went to the website and discovered that yes it is over $10.  Which is a no brainer for the amount of product you are getting.  Well folks, it's only $21!  A bargain!  lol  And yes I signed up...  :)

Get over to https://www.glossybox.com/ before it's too late!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning this box!! Everything looks great. I wasn't going to do any subscription services anymore but now I REALLY want to get the Glossybox, lol:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Super psyched. I signed up! I've dabbled in a few others and slowly cancelling them. This one I will keep for a couple months and see how it goes. I'm finding myself giving away a lot of the samples lately. :)

      Delete
  2. That's so great you won that! That eyebronzer is divine!

    ReplyDelete