Friday, May 25, 2012

Organix Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask

To say my hair is dry is an understatement.  I didn't realize exactly how dry it was until I tried Organix Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask for the first time.  I have been avoiding blow drying, which is a rarity for me anyway (zero time) and have been washing every 2 days.  I've been looking for something more moisturizing, but also need to finish up that stockpile of shampoos!  (I still haven't ordered the Shu Uermura yet...  Which I plan on.)


I have used Organix products a couple of years ago, specifically the Shea Butter and the Coconut Milk.  Pretty good results but as a beauty blogger, I tend to try out a lot of products...

So I just happened to see this and remembered that Angie from Beauty Fashion Fitness on YouTube reviewed this entire line of products.  Actually I couldn't remember if it was the Argan Oil or Macademia Oil at first but I instinctively reach for this one.  The consistency is a thick cream, minus the greasiness.  There is no oily feeling/residue.  It has a very light scent, I can smell it faintly in my hair, but for the most part, it is unremarkable, but in a good way.


Well it's been sitting in my "to try" pile for a week now.  I got home from my run last night and immediately grabbed it.  I put a decent amount in my hand and smoothed it into lower half my hair.  Gone.  It absorbed into my strands immediately.  I thought to myself, "Well this is cool."  Seriously, that's what I thought, it was kind of shocking.  Usually products will sit on your hair and you can still feel them there.  Like a false sense of comfort that that thick oily product is doing something.  Well this product, you immediately know it's working because it is completely absorbed.

I grab another healthy amount, probably 3 tablespoons, so this is 6 total now and smooth it into the my hair, concentrating again on the lower half, but work it all the way through until about 2 inches from my scalp.    It had mostly absorbed, but I could still feel a little bit of the product.  The directions say to leave on 3-5 minutes.  It also says that you can cover and leave on for 20 minutes.

Typically, I wash my hair first when getting in the shower so I can leave conditioner on my hair the entire time.  So I believe I had it in my hair 10-15 minutes.  When I went to rinse, barely anything rinsed out.  The second helping absorbed as well.  So I thought that this could go either way, my hair was going to be fantastic, or it was going to be a weighed down mess.

Well my hair feels fantastic.  Amazingly soft and smooth.  My hair hasn't felt this way in a long time.  I have forgotten what moisturized hair feels like.  I am really grateful for this product!

It is made with some good stuff... Lanolin, Macadamia seed oil, Bamboo extract, Cocoa seed butter, Coconut oil, Avocado oil, and Aloe.  It does have some "bad" stuff in it dimethicone (silicone) some dyes and perfume.  It also has Panthenol (Not bad, pro-vitamins) so I'm not sure if with frequent use this will build up in your hair.  But as a treatment mask, once a week, I think it will work wonders for your hair.

Organix is frequently BOGO at the drugstores and runs $7.99-$9.99.  In the line there is a shampoo, conditioner, this mask, a dry styling oil.  You can check out the product info and other Organiz flavors here. Link!

My only issue is the name of the product.  Organix kind of implies it is organic, no?  But there is nothing on the packaging, ingredient list or website that says or suggests that they use organic products.  So that might be a little misleading.  They are cruelty free.  Oh and one more thing.  In the container that I bought, there was no safety seal or plastic film under the lid.  This kind of weirded me out because anyone could have dipped their fingers into the product before I bought it.  It didn't look like it was tampered with and I do hate all that plastic floating around in the environment but also like to be sanitary...

But overall, I find that Organix Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask is good stuff!  You should pick this up because your dry hair is begging for it!

4 comments:

  1. Im glad this worked for you because it did no work for me =(
    Great blog new follower.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to but this stuff!! I've been lusting over it for some time now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does it compare to the Macadamia brand masque?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure as I have never tried the other. Angie from Your BFF compared them here! http://yourbeautyfashionfitness.blogspot.com/2012/03/product-line-review-organix-hydrating.html

    ReplyDelete