Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A "little" CVS trip...

Dropping by the far CVS with 3 kids in tow, could have been disastrous, but I was feeling very brave with $15 in ECBs, a $4 off $20 purchase and a $5 off $15 cosmetic purchase coupon at the magic coupon machine...  What could go wrong, right?

My intentions were to grab some Physician's Formula at 40% off and some L'OREAL Youth Code to take advantage of $10 ECB with $30 skincare purchase using $8 in coupons and submitting a $10 rebate.  And that's how it mostly went.

The magic coupon machine was jammed up so I lost a scan, slightly annoying as you can usually scan twice.  No biggie.  I was worried that the $5 off $15 cosmetic purchase coupon wasn't going to print but it did!  Yay!  But since I didn't get a second scan, I missed out on (possibly) the $3 off $10 Milani purchase.  I used to be able to scan my card several times a week and get coupons, now it's just one or 2 times.  :(

So here is what I got (minus filler candy items):



In order to qualify for both the $10 ECB and the $10 rebate, I had to purchase $30 worth of L'OREAL skincare products.  I had a $3 off Youth Code and a $5 off $20 L'OREAL product purchase.  The L'OREAL Youth Code Skin Perfector serum was $24.99 and the L'OREAL Revitalift cleansing wipes were $7.99.

Physician's Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth Boosting Spotless Foundation in SPF 20 was $16.99.  Yowsers!  Glad I got it for 40% off and there was a $3 peelie coupon on the product.  Yeah $6 and change is more my speed...  I got it in shade light and put it on as soon as I got home.  One observation, they need a shade in fair.  Light, the lightest shade in the range, in terms of MAC, is about NC 25-30 so it is slightly darker than my skintone right now.  It has a beautiful semi-matte finish though.  It feels less silicone-y than the L'OREAL Magic Powder foundation if you are familiar with that product.  I will have a review soon!

I also grabbed with Revlon Skinlights in 100 Bare Light to take advantage of the $5 off $15 CVS coupon and $4 ECB with $12 Revlon purchase.  I never tried the original Revlon Skinlights and apparently people went a bit cray cray when they were discontinued 5 years ago.  I saw these in the permanent display at Ulta so looks like they are staying for the time being!  This product was $13.99.

When I scanned my card at the magic coupon machine my ECBs were on there and also a 20% off coupon that I had sent to my card sometime last week.  I thought it had already expired!

So my coupons were:

$4 off $20 CVS coupon
20% off total purchase CVS coupon
$5/$20 L'OREAL product MC
$3 L'OREAL Youth Code MC
25 cent Palmolive CVS coupon
$3 Physicians Formula peelie coupon
$15 ECB

Now the $15 in ECB rang up as separate CVS coupons (in today's trip, 3)...  Which may cause a slight problem in your transaction.  You need to have enough products per coupons being used.  I grabbed some candy thinking that I had enough but I needed to grab another filler item.  I had 9 items and the register will only take 9 coupons.  When the $3 Youth Code coupon beeped, coupon #10, I was going to go back for 2 Cadbury eggs, but then I saw a line of not 1, not 2, but 6 people behind me and 2 of my kids decided to fight over the gum we just bought so... it was time to get out of there fast.  :) 

Which is okay because I didn't know I still had the 20% off CVS coupon and that saved me an unexpected $6.53.

See receipt below!


Hefty amount out of pocket but I got back $4 in ECB for the Revlon purchase and $10 ECB for the L'OREAL purchase.  I will be submitting for the $10 L'OREAL rebate and I will be getting another $5 ECB for the $50 Beauty Club purchase.  So all in all, it was a money maker.

I could have broken up the transaction and dumped the $10 L'OREAL ECB on the Revlon and Physician's Formula, which I highly recommend so you are spending less out of pocket, but when people start lining up behind me, I don't like to hold things up and annoy the person at the register.


So let me get that rebate stuff together before I forget...  Here's the link to the rebate info!

No comments:

Post a Comment