Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 4: Weekly Skincare/Makeup Box

Week 4 is upon us and here are my choices for this week's Skincare/Makeup Box!


Foundation: L'OREAL True Match Super Blendable Makeup in Nude Beige W3, which of course I will most likely be mixing with LUMI in W1-2.  But I noticed my skin being a bit pink/slightly orange this week when I used LUMI as a mixer.  Not a good look for me or anyone really.

BB Cream:  Skin79 BB cream.  Love this one!


Eye Cream: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion:  A few years ago I went through quite a lot of samples of the advanced day and night repair.  Loved them as I truly saw results.  That practically never happens.  Honestly, I haven't seen the results from this serum that I wanted to see, however when I stop using it for a period of time, I realize that I must go back and use it.  I've had this since last summer and it's time to use it up.  It's impossible to tell how much is left in the bottle unfortunately.  I cannot use this at night as I will wake up with crazy puffy eyes.  It's not the only eye cream that will do this.  But in the morning under makeup, this serum is perfect.  I will go back to the cream in this line after this serum is finished.

Serum/Moisturizer: Dr. Jart Ceramidin Starter Kit.  This is a serum and a cream.  "Cream" is a scary word for us oily skins.  But since we have another blast of cold weather complete with a winter storm and snow likely for Eastern Carolina!  Yay!  My skin has been quite dry (for me) lately and could definitely use a boost of hydration.

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution/Midnight Recovery Serum.  I have some "spots" on my forehead, more like freckles but I'm sure a derm would tell my mid 30 self that they are indeed of the aging variety.  So we will see if this has an effect on them.  I've used the Midnight Recovery serum last week a couple of times and it is very lovely.  I will switch with this combo and the Dr. Jart every other day this week.
 

Eraclea.  If the skin starts to freak out on me this week, I will have this as a back up plan!

Cleanser: Billy Jealousy White Knight Gentle Daily Facial Cleanser with Papaya Extract and Rosemary Leaf.  I also have just a few more uses of my Julep Cleansing Oil and if I finish that I have the new Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil in the wait. 

Exfoliant: I still have one more packet of Wei Pomegranate buffing beads.  I really like this product.  It turns any of your current cleansers into a powerful scrub.  Whatever it is that they use as the "beads," they are crushed, slightly finely. 
 
Mask: GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment.  I fell in love with Eve Lom a couple of weeks ago, let's see how I get along with GlamGlow again!
 

Palette: bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 8.0 The Cocktail Hour is a tiny, yet powerful palette.  All my fave shades.  Love the quality of these pressed shadows.  I've been a bareMinerals fan for a decade.



Primer:  Still using the Smashbox this week and I use the L'OREAL Revitalift Miracle Blur under my eyes.  I'm not sure if it does anything major, I should really start drinking more water.

SPF: Still working on the Clarins sample...  And Skin79 is 50.

So this is the Week #4 makeup/skincare plan!  What are you trying out this week?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment