Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 3: Weekly Skincare/Makeup Box

If you have been following my journey for the past couple of weeks, I have worked out a system to actually use up samples, rather than saving them for a rainy day i.e. hoarding them in my Alex drawers.  I have to choose a sample or when the samples eventually (hopefully) run out, a different full size product in each category to rotate and use things up!

Here are my categories:

Foundation
BB/CC/DD Cream
Primer
Moisturizer
SPF
Eye cream
Serum and/or treatment
Cleanser 
Mask
Some type of exfoliant
Some type of palette, eyeshadow, blush, etc.

Throughout the week I just put the products that I have used, makeup and skincare, in the box and I share what I used at the end of the week and give a quick little review of some/most of the products.

These are the products that I have chosen for Week #3!


Foundation & CC Cream:

 
This sample of Lorac CC cream came with my Lorac Po palette and it is in the shade medium.  Way too dark for me right now so I will be mixing this or going over it with L'OREAL Lumi in W1-2. I also have a sample of Clinique acne solutions liquid makeup in 03 fresh neutral. And I have some left over Kate Somerville CC cream as well from last week.
 
Primer: And since the Lumi is luminous, primer is essential for me.  This will be the first time trying Smashbox!
 




Moisturizer:  This week I'm trying First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream Intense Hydration for dry parched skin.  Which my skin is not so this will be used sparingly but this has been the most dry my skin has been in a long, long time.  Thanks to the unusually dry, cold air we have been experiencing in the South!

SPF:  I have a left over Clarins sample from last week.

Eye cream:  I'm still finishing up an Arbonne sample from the first 2 weeks but I also have Jack Black Protein Booster Eye Rescue and DERMAdoctor Photo Dynamic therapy liquid red light eye lift lotion when the Arbonne runs out.

Serum and/or treatment:   I have Lancôme Visionnaire and Nip+Fab No Needle Fix Serum. As well as Nip+Fab Viper Venom from last week.

 
Cleanser:  Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey.  Yes, honey.  This is a thicker honey that needs to be scooped out of the container.  It has fine granules that act almost like an exfoliant.  I will of course pre-cleanser and remove my makeup prior to cleansing with this honey.  I like to let the honey sit for 5-10 minutes to benefit from the antibacterial and moisturizing properties as well.  It rinses off with no stickiness or residue.  Good stuff!


Mask:  Apparently I have several this week. Clinique oil-controlling cleansing mask, boscia bright white mask and Golden Root purifying mud mask.

Some type of exfoliant:  I'm using honey as my exfoliant this week.  I'm sure I will add something in the mix like the left over WEI Pomegranate buffing beads left over from Week #1.

Some type of palette, eyeshadow, blush, etc:  Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV!!!  This palette just doesn't get enough love. 


Look at all the pretty colors!!!  I just love them all.

Did you get your samples out?  What are you trying this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment