Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 2 Empties!

I got through a couple of products this week so here's a look at this week's trash!


Just a few things and samples from this past week.  Eslor is a brand that I am going to look further into.  I really liked using the range this past week. 

I stretched the Eve Lom Rescue Mask into 2 applications.  Love that stuff!  I will definitely be purchasing a full size.  It's a couple of dollars cheaper than Glam Glow and it has the same smell and feel to it.

I felt like it is time to toss the Konjac Facial sponge.   That is the shriveled green thing in the photo.  Konjac sponge is from the root of a plant that grows in Korea and has been used in Japanese skincare for over a 1,000 years. Boscia has one in their range of products for $18 at Sephora. 

From the Sephora website:  "It is naturally alkaline and balances the acidity of the skin’s impurities and oils while being enriched with protein, carbohydrate, iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, and folic acid. Gentle enough for the most sensitive skin types, this naturally deep-cleansing, pH balanced sponge can be used throughout the face, neck, and even the very delicate undereye area."
I grabbed mine off of Amazon back in October for $6.99 and there are a lot of sellers so just search for Konjac sponge.  It takes a few weeks to get here.  Mine is of the green variety.  The Boscia one is white, they also come in black.  It came sealed in plastic and wet.  I found it a bit odd because it wasn't what I expected but really liked using it to cleanse my face.  They last about 3 months and mine started to have a different scent so I knew it was time to pitch.  I kept it wet basically hanging in the shower and rinsed it thoroughly after using.  I used it every other day or so in between using my Clarisonic.  I will be ordering another tout de suite.  In fact, I just did!  Still $6.99! :)

I have one more packet of AVON makeup cleansing wipes.  These really and truly take off the makeup.  They are pretty amazing.  I do notice they leave my face with a "funny" feeling, I'm not sure what ingredients have changed.  I don't notice it if I used them often but when I go back to using them for a night, the feeling is really noticeable.  It's more than just cooling, almost numbing.  Its a little eerie.  I should probably check the ingredients and figure out what it causing it!  But they work amazing.  The towel is just the right amount of thickness to moisture content.  Right now I have a packet of yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair Brightening Facial Towelettes.  We will see how they compare...

Almay Oil Free Gentle eye makeup remover is just that.  It works well.  I still like my Rimmel or Boost No 7 cleansing water.  But this one is definitely one that I know works and can buy in a pinch.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser is another trusted cleanser.  I was reading somewhere (really need to find that article) that oily skin should avoid foaming cleansers so I used this mostly for my back and chest when I was in the shower.  It cleanses well, doesn't seem to over dry.  I will repurchase.

Erno Laszlo Shake-It in Neutral is a product that I did a ton of research on prior to purchasing.  There really aren't a lot of reviews out there.  I couldn't figure out what color to order and finally decided on Neutral as I read it was almost universally flattering on lighter skin tones and I agree.  In the summer when I might be at my darkest, this is a touch pink.  It matches me well now.  I used this sporadically over the past year and a half.  Quick description; it's an alcohol based toner with pigment.  The pigment sinks to the bottom of the square plastic bottle so you have to shake it to incorporate the pigment into the liquid.   So I would take a cotton wool and dab it on my face over my makeup when my skin needed a refresher.  It dries within a few seconds and you can take a brush and buff the left over powder into the skin. I also tried it over moisturizer and before foundation. 

This is obviously a product for the serious oily.  It would "normalize" my skin for a little while but my skin would resume it's normal oiliness as it does with every product I try within 2-3 hours depending upon the humidity. (Remember that I live in coastal Southern NC and the humidity is brutal 10-11 months a year.  Might be a slight exaggeration...  ) 

I have a version by Shiseido without the pigment but it is their Pureness anti-shine refreshing lotion.  I dab it on with a cotton wool and it leaves your skin feeling, well refreshed and it has a pleasant scent. It also has a translucent powder and a toner that is salicylic based.  I feel better about dabbing salicylic acid on the face than alcohol however.

So there are my empties for this past week!  Thanks for snooping in my trash.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment