Monday, February 20, 2012

Purple Eyes!

I did this look yesterday.  It wasn't supposed to be so involved as we were heading out to the Wilmington Ice House for a few hours of ice skating but I had a few extra minutes...


Products used:

AVON glimmersticks diamonds eye liner in Sugar Plum: lower lash line smudged out
PF black liner from the green gel liner trio: upper and lower waterlines
Alison Raffale Soft Shadow in Amethyst:  all over lid and lower lash line
About Face Cosmetics Pixie Paradise:  Center of lid and a little towards inner corner
Revlon Matte Rich Sable: crease & outer v
L'OREAL Infallible Endless Pearl:  blend out Rich Sable
L'OREAL Infallible Iced Latte:  brow & inner corner highlight
*not pictured:  Rimmel glam'eyes Day 2 Night mascara Extreme Black


For my undereye concealing I put a teeny tiny bit of Benefit Erase paste in No. 2 Medium.  It is way too dark for me so a tiny amount goes under my eye directly under the inner corner.  The salmon/peachy color neutralizes the small amount of darkness I have.  I went over that with Maybelline Mineral Power in Fair/Light and I blend that down in the triangle region under my eyes and in the corners and bridge of my nose.  Then I swept Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in the pink brightening formula all under both eyes and patted it in for extra brightening.

Woah, seems pretty involved.  lol



Swatches left to right:

AVON sugar plum
PF black liner:  This is buildable and super black btw...
Revlon Rich Sable
Alison Raffaele Amethyst
About Face Pixie Paradise
L'OREAL Endless Pearl
L'OREAL Iced Latte




I was very impressed with the AVON eye liner in Sugar Plum.  It has the right amount of sparkle and looked really nice as a lower lash liner for this look.  What impressed me most is that we were ice skating for about 3 hours and my eyes tend to be sensitive and tear frequently in the cold.  This liner did not budge.   Good stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I like this very much. I love anything purple. This looks really pretty with your eye color. I like Avon's eyeliners but I have yet to try Sugar Plum. Looks really good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combination and the fact that it sparkly! I especially like the iridescent sheen the pixie paradise shade has on the lid. So pretty!
    <3 Angie

    ReplyDelete