Thursday, February 27, 2014

AVON Ideal Flawless CC Cream



I picked up this new CC cream a couple of weeks ago and as I previously stated, I'm really enjoying it.  This CC cream is the newest addition to the Ideal Flawless range.  What makes this product a stand out to me is the SPF 50 stamped on the tube.

SPF is something I am quite obsessed with.  The sun is much stronger down here in the South than when I was growing up in MA.  (Depleted ozone layer maybe mixed with being closer to the equator.)  I do not step out of the house without a minimum of 25, usually 30 or 50.  Despite an application of SPF 50, I still get color down here in NC.  I do spend a lot of time outside either running, riding bikes, walking the dogs, at the pool and beach so it's not surprising. 

What is really amazing about this product is that it is SPF 50 and has virtually no smell and absolutely no greasiness.  No white cast/flashback that I have noticed in photos either.  It's almost hard to believe that this product has such a high SPF for being so light weight on the skin.



I picked this up in shade light medium.  Initially, it looks a lot lighter, but it does oxidize on my skin to a shade just a tad dark but workable which you will see below.  I need to get some self-tanner on my neck so that it matches my face.  It's whitey white at the moment. I have this matching problem even without foundation.

left: freshly applied   right: after 10 minutes
 

So as you can see, the product does warm up to a true light medium. 

The feel of this product like I stated previously is very light, it has a matte finish and dries down quickly.  There is no sticky or tackiness which is the norm for a product containing an SPF over 25.   This CC Cream contains the usual Titanium dioxide and Zinc oxide but it also contains Homosalate which is the first ingredient.  Not familiar with this one, so I looked it up on the Environmental Working Group site.  It gets a score of 4 which I am satisfied with.  Just for reference, Octinoxate gets a score of 6 and Zinc oxide 2-3. 

My current SPF product of choice for my face is La Roche-Posay Anthelios 10 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid which has an SPF of 50.  This product pales out my skin considerably.  It has a semi-powdery finish though which is nice in the summer when I am usually a complete grease ball.  It works beautifully and is water-resistant for 40 minutes which is important to me.  

AVON Ideal Flawless CC Cream is not water resistant but for day to day use, I can wear this as a foundation, or under foundation or powder and I will save Anthelios 10 for running or at the beach and pool when I need something water resistant. 

I've been using this product for over 2 weeks now with no ill effects, reactions, etc.  I will continue using it and update you further on anything that pops up but so far this is a great product for me!

The best part is that you can pick this up for $11.  Great price point.

Have you tried AVON Ideal Flawless CC Cream?  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment