Thursday, February 20, 2014

Week 5+6 Empties!

We had a busy couple of weeks complete with more snow and no school in North Carolina.  What a winter!  We are finally back up to 70's.  Sorry everywhere else!  Truly I am...  I grew up in MA.

So on to the empties.  I finished up a few things.




Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo.  Sometimes you need just straight up moisture.  This one helps.  This is a drug store version.  From my understanding, the Nexxus you buy in an actual salon is more potent.  Any truth to that?

Korres Pomengranate Toner:  Thank goodness I have a backup.  I went back to Marshall's to buy the shelf but they were all gone.  This toner is a dirt magnet without stripping the skin.  I love, love, love it!

Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil:  As soon as this ran out, I started having congestion issues with my skin.  That tells me that I need to repurchase.

Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner:  I wanted to be blown away by this stuff but sadly I wasn't.  It is super concentrated, maybe I used too much but it leaves a filmy feeling in my hair and when wet it's difficult to run a comb through it.  I don't feel comfortable yanking out all of my hair when trying to brush it.  No thanks.  Like the smell though.

Amlactin Ultra:  This has a terrible smell and its difficult to smooth into the skin.  It takes a lot of work.  I'm not afraid of a little extra effort, but I also have 3 kids and 2 dogs and cannot spend 20 minutes applying lotion to my body.  However, if I had extreme dry issues, I probably would.  Fortunately for me, I don't.  This was great for my feet though. 

Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum:  Effective, but not during the summer for me.  But nothing truly has worked perfectly. 

Jose Maran Argan oil:  Though I have never purchased full size, based on the sample, it's worth whatever price it is.  This stuff is really good and my skin loves it.  I have the "light" version to try next.  I will see which one works the best and purchase.  After I use up a few things of course.

Korres Greek Yoghurt Moisturizing Face Cream:  My skin has been drinking this up.  I had to use this under CC and BB Creams.  My skin really needed it the past 2 weeks.

Murad Pore Refining Gel:  I had to break this out for some congestion issues 2 weeks ago.  I still have some issues on my chin but they are more localized under my lip and I'm starting to think it is from the lip balm I have been using.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum:  I thought that this was all gone but I'm still shaking a few drips out here and there.  I will keep trying!  I don't think it's enough moisturization for the winter.  Perfect for under makeup though.

Epielle Deep Cleansing Nose Strips x2:  They work pretty good and they are $2 for 3 at Big Lots.

md Skincare 4-in-1 Facial Treatment wipes:  Ugh my Holy Grail and I think these were discontinued.  And this was my very last one.  :(

UD Eyeshadow Potion:  I'm pretty sure I can break into this tube and slice my finger in the process to scrape out the last bits but I won't.

Lancôme Dreamtone in #1&#2:  They don't seem to have a color so I have been using them.  I don't see any dramatic results after 3-4 uses.  But maybe used in conjunction with other Lancôme facial products...

Lancôme Visionnaire:  This will go in the LUSH repurchase bag.  I would like to try this one a little more extensively.  I should probably share what I mean by the LUSH repurchase bag in another blog post.  Stay tuned!  :)

GlamGlow:  Remember when I said that I didn't understand the hype about this product?  Umm, I take that back.  It is very nice.  I'm not sure if I purchased a crappy tub from Hautelook but this sample was amazing.  Total skin clearing savior.  Maybe I used it when my skin was perfect or something.

Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask:  This used with Lancôme Visionnaire was complexion perfect.  I mean wow.  My skin looked beautifully even.  I would like to have both of these permanently.

And the rest were sort of unremarkable really.  Not going to sugar coat it. 

Of to the curb they go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment