Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekly Beauty Box 5+6 Results!

The pink Glossy Boxes are getting a bit small for my weekly wrap ups.  I might have to find something a little more suitable! 





Foundation/BB Cream:  Dr. Jart Black Label Detox is still going strong! I thought I would have finished this but of course a few other bits landed in the box.  I'm testing out Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup.  Other than the fact that it's almost impossible to get out of the bottle, it's a pretty good color for me and lasts pretty well.  Liking it so far.  I received this foundation through Bzz Agent!  I also used the Super BB from Skin 79.  I love this for brightening under the eyes, upper cheeks, the triangle so to speak. It glides over the pores and smooths everything out.

Primer: Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer.  Forgot to use this.  Maybe once did I this week, but I was using BB creams and they are technically primers.  :).  The Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm was surprisingly super dark.  I will save this for the summer months.  I had to wash it off.  


Eye Cream:  The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion bottle is currently inverted and still going strong.  I didn't rip open the Benefit just yet!  
But I also used Tarte Pure Maracuja oil for my eyes at night as well.   
 

Serum/Moisturizer:  I finished up the Jose Maran Argan Oil which I told you that I loved.  I tried Origins plant scripting and even mixed this with the Bzz Agent Neutrogena with pretty good results. My face got a bit shiny but I can tolerate it right now as the weather and my face have been cooperating with each other.  I also used Eclos moisture therapy regenerative cream.  Good stuff and smells nice and botanical.

Cleanser:  I finished the Billy Jealousy sample and my Julep cleansing oil.  I've been switching off with biore deep pore charcoal cleanser and Eclos skin prep cleanser.

Exfoliant: Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel was not touched but I did use Garnier clean Balancing Daily Exfoliator which has been in the shower for the last 3-4 weeks.

Mask:  GlamGlow sample!  It was amazing and just what my skin needed.  Cleared it right up.  Not sure why a sample packet worked 100 times better than a full size jar...  Hmm...  It was a couple of years ago from Hautelook.  Maybe I got a bad batch? It literally did nothing and made my skin so oily the next day.  Well so it did do something then I guess...   I understand the hype now.  If I can get the same formulation again.

Makeup:  Confession time.  I've had the Lorac Pro since December and finally used it for 2 weeks straight.  I do this with new things sometimes, well pretty much always.  Like bags for example, I don't want to scuff the leather. I like things looking new and pristine.  Review:  I do like the Lorac pro, but not over any Urban Decay palette.  I like the variety of colors.  You can do a lot of looks with this palette. No fuss packaging, full size mirror.  However, after every use, glitter and shimmer all over my cheeks.  




At first I thought that I just didn't notice the fall out upon application.  So the next morning I cleaned up a bit just in case.  However, I still had the same problem later on that afternoon.  Glitter pieces all over my face.  Not a good look for me.  Fun fact:  One day I was in CVS and the lady at the register literally had glitter all over her face to the point where it looked like it was on purpose.  Similar to how I look after wearing the Lorac palette.  So the next time I use this palette, I should probably try another eyeshadow primer.  

Now that I am looking at the palette, I have a nice dip in the color champagne.  It looks a little glittery.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of a little shimmer/glitter... Just be careful with the Champagne.  :)  For bronzer I primarily used AVON Ideal Luminous blush in Earthen rose.  This is a really nice product.  Reminds me of NYC Sunny.  I fact I use them interchangeably.  

Treatment:  I had to break out the Sibu sea buckthorn seed oil to help clear some facial freak out.  It's unusual for my skin to be reactive.  I blame it on lack of sleep, a bit of insomnia affliction.  Lots to do, little time, we all know the drill.  I'm going to re-work my diet in the next couple of weeks.  I've been quite unusually indulgent in the food department as of late.  Time to reel it in, beach time is only a few weeks away!  Currently I'm trying out the "Cabbage Soup Diet."  I will do a post on it.  So far I've lost 5 pounds.  But I fluctuate 5 pounds all of the time.  It's for 7 days and I'm on Day 4.

Vaseline lip therapy rosy lips:  The petroleum jelly doesn't really sink in as much as I would like and feels a bit waxy on the lips.  It does moisturize over night though.  I had been using this every night.  I started to notice some congestion under my bottom lip/lip line.  Very unusual and I'm pretty sure this product is the cause.  This is the only thing new that I have been slathering on my lips.  I have been bad about not wearing any of my new 20+ lip sticks and glosses that acquired at the end of 2013...  So I'm going to put the rosy lips away for a little while or not use it so often.  I'm still trying to use up what's left of the Philosophy lipgloss.  It's nearing the end and I just don't reach for it anymore.  Maybe I will throw this in my bag.  
Garnier Ultra-lift eye roller:  I woke up with some puffy eyes and hoped that this would work fast on the mornings I needed to get out of the house early.  It has a nice cooling effect with the metal ball roller applicator.  I think it helped.  Now if I could watch my salt intake and diligently drink more water, I would have less puffy problems.  This week on Cabbage Soup no puffy eyes!  :)
Concealers:  I used my light and fair Maybelline Fit Me Concealers.  They seem to be separating in the tubes but they are still creamy, blendable and do the trick.
 
I will be sure to keep you updated on the Cabbage Soup diet.  I almost bailed on Day 2 towards the end of the day.   I was feeling a bit weak.  I also cut out coffee and have been drinking tea exclusively.  No headaches!  And of course I should be drinking more water.  I don't know what it is with me and water lately.  I used to drink a minimum of 2 liters a day!

Week 7 results are coming up next!




No comments:

Post a Comment