Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week 5+6: Weekly Skincare/Makeup Box

The second month of the year is upon us and here is what I'm proposing to use for the 5th week installment of my weekly Beauty Box.

Week 5!



I just threw in the samples I did not use last week into this week.  I used mask in the purple tub last night and it was lovely!  I will go into it in more detail during my results post at the end of the week.

Foundation/BB Cream:  I'm going with Dr. Jart Black Label Detox.  I hardly have any left.  :(  I really enjoyed savoring this one.  It is a good match after it warms up.  It goes on a bit gray which is normal for "real" BB creams.  This is the smaller 20mL size I picked up from Birchbox.com with some points.  Because it's almost empty, I grabbed the Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm and I will give that a whirl!

Primer: Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer.  This isn't a pore filler, but it's light and smooths out the skin sufficiently.  I always forget to use primer.  It's tricky with a BB cream because the BB cream is supposed to be your primer, but some just sit in your pores so you need the primer but then some you can't use with moisturizer because they are supposed to be your moisturizer...  Ahhh!!!

Eye Cream:  I have a few more uses of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion and I've been wanting to try the Benefit It's Potent eye cream.  If this Xeala pack is full, this sample could last me a while.   But I also grabbed tarte Pure Maracuja oil for my eyes at night as well.   So I'm covered in the eye hydration department this week!

Serum/Moisturizer:  I'm going to take it easy this week and just go with the Jose Maran Argan Oil which I love.  I have a few more drops.  If I finish it, I have a sample of the Argan Oil Light ready to go. I also still have the eraclear from last week.  I also grabbed the Korres for night as well.

Cleanser:  Same as last week, Billy Jealousy sample and my Julep cleansing oil is still going strong!  I'm pretty sure this will be the last week though.

Exfoliant: Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel.  Love this stuff.  I was tempted to grab another one for a 100 points at Sephora but this one is lasting a long time and is still practically full.   Hopefully by the time I have 500 points at Sephora, there will be a nice perk!  lol

Mask:  I already used Racine Doree Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask last night and it was really nice.  Generously sized too. I wish I only used half.  I thought about it but then figured with the exposure of air, it just wouldn't last.  I also included the GlamGlow Mask from last week and a epielle Deep cleansing nose strip.  I learned last week that my skin does not like me skipping out on the treatments.


And Rapid Lash...  It's difficult to tell if these eyelash serums work.  But I use them anyway, infrequently.

Palette: Lorac PRO! 

Alright, Week #5 is in full swing!  What are you trying out this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment