Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 7 Beauty Box Results!






 Week 7 Results!  This is what I used last week.  I didn't try all the samples that I had originally put in the box so off they went into week 8.  I don't know about you, but these weeks are really flying by!

Original line up:


 Results:





Foundation/CC cream:  I used Bourjois Healthy Mix, AVON's new Ideal Flawless CC Cream and
Lumene CC cream this past week.  I used the CC cream under Bourjois.  Not sure why, Bourjois has pretty good coverage on its own.  The CC cream provides enough moisture for me lately and since I haven't had any oiliness issues, I'm going to stick to the CC cream.  Lumene has a bit more coverage than AVON's CC cream. But they all worked really nice and was happy with the results.


Primer:  CC creams!

Eye Cream:  Still scraping out product out of Estee Lauder Serum bottle and I tried the Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel this week.  Sinks in nicely and has a fun cooling effect.  I usually keep an eye gel (when I have one) in the fridge for some serious morning cooling action.  This one is going in!

Serum/Moisturizer:  The L'OREAL Age Perfect Glow Renewal has a very strong perfumey scent.  I don't mind it but noticed that I could still smell on my face it the next morning.  I used Seventh Generation Boosts Clearing with tea tree this week to battle out my congestion issues.  I saw some improvement so I will continue to use on my t-zone.  I bought this at Walgreens on a super sale last summer (store sale and high dollar coupon).  I haven't seen the line since.  
I also used Korres Greek Yoghurt Adavanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial to help combat some dryness a couple nights this week.  Works nicely.  


Treatment: Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution:  No noticeable results after week 1!

Cleanser:  I used a combination of eclos and Biore charcoal cleanser and even mixed the two a couple of times.  The Biore has a tiny bit of grit in the formulation.  Subtle exfoliator.  I hadn't noticed it before.  



Mask: 40 Carrots Carrot + Papaya Facial Mask.  I used this twice and I think I have one more use. This is a great product.  I will be on the look out for it at Marshall's.  Fingers crossed!

Makeup:  the Balm and the Beautiful is a wonderful palette but I needed some matte neutrals for blending and grabbed the ever so trusty Naked Basics. Physicians Formula Powder Palette in Creamy Natural is a nice powder that leaves the skin very silky.  Nice formula.  The Buxom took a turn this week and it is already drying out.  boo hiss!  This was really nice straight from the tube.  I wonder if a full size lasts longer?  NYC Sunny is always a nice bronzer to warm up the face.  Very inexpensive too! I finally found my larger eye pencil sharpener and was able to use my UD 24/7 glide-on shadow pencils. I have JuJu in the box.  Love this color.  I've been trying out the green end of the Physicians Formula Concealer twins around my nose that can get quite red.  Works pretty good under concealer.  On its own it blends out a grayish color on my skin so I need to cover it up.


Kind of a boring week...  It was a busy week so I was autopilot trying to get out the door in a timely fashion!  It's always a battle. 

And I kind of have a new full blown obsession that has been consuming my spare time as well.  I should have something coming in the mail today...  Hopefully I will be able to share soon!

Next up is what I have been using this week!  Week 8!



No comments:

Post a Comment