Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 7: Weekly Skincare/Makeup Box

This is what I have been using so far this week and its already flying by!




Foundation/CC cream:  A little more than half-way through the Bourjois Healthy Mix.  It's going on more than 2 years old I believe.  This is in 52, Vanilla. Love this foundation. I also picked up AVON's new Ideal Flawless CC Cream. I must say that I am already impressed.  As far as coverage, not much, but I am hard pressed to believe it actually has an SPF of 50.  It is light, absolutely no greasiness.  It has a matte finish and dries pretty quickly, no tackiness at all.  And there is absolutely, positively no smell at all.  No hint of perfumes, sunscreen, nothing.  So far so good!

Primer:  Even though I put one in my box every week, I use them once of twice.  So I will just use the CC cream as my primer, as is its intended purpose anyway! I did throw in Too Faced Primed and Poreless just in case.  :)  I will continue using UD Eyeshadow Potion this week as well as the last 2 weeks!  The  Boost-it Complexion Enhancer kind of acts as a primer, so I will throw it in the mix as well.

Eye Cream:  I thought my Estee Lauder Serum was dunzo but I actually can get a little more out so I will continue to finish up that and also I have Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel to try out.

Serum/Moisturizer:  I had some success with facial oils last week when my skin took a turn so I will continue that this week.  My face just responds better to facial oils.  Creams and lotions can be clogging for me. I have had L'OREAL Age Perfect Glow Renewal sample kicking around.  I also have one more foil packet of Lancôme DreamTone left over.  I'm not sure if I am supposed to be using 3 as it says "Dark" but the last 2 didn't really seem to have any color so I will just slap it on and see!  I also included fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum this week.  It's supposed to be in the 70's this weekend.  I've had no issues with oil at all this winter.  I have been wondering if my skin has changed, but there has also been zero humidity. 

Body Moisturizer:  I have a few body lotions hanging around including these foil packets.  Time to use them up this week.  I'm getting low on my last tub of Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter.  I need to finish up everything before I repurchase!  Discipline.

Treatment: Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution:  I have a spot that keeps popping up on my forehead which I first noticed 2 days after my 30th birthday.  I would like to call it a freckle...  I will see if this can finally wipe it out!

Cleanser:  I'm nearly at the end of eclos am + pm skin prep Cleanser.  Its a nice cleanser.  I think it will last another week and a half.  I also have a sample Murad Cleansing wipe to try out this week too.

Exfoliant:  One more packet of Wei Pomegranate buffing beads, which is more like a gritty powder and a packet can be used twice!  Good stuff but I have rice powder that works just as well that I can mix in with my cleansers.  But these are in a very convenient packet. 

Mask: 40 Carrots Carrot + Papaya Facial Mask.  This is one of those items that I wish I had the foresight to grab two of when I picked it up at Marshall's.  I really like this mask. 

Makeup:  the Balm and the Beautiful!  I have never used the cream blushes with this palette but I will try this week.  This palette has it all, blues, greens, pinks, neutrals.  Good stuff.  I also temporarily lost my L'OREAL Voluminous Lash Out Butterfly Mascara so I had to open up a Boxum sample last week.  Wow.  I will use it again this week.  On the fence about which I like better, but I would probably go with the one that is least expensive...  However, using the Boxum on my lower lashes is EFFORTLESS.  That might be the deciding factor.  Physicians Formula Powder Palette in Creamy Natural is the powder I will try to reach for this week as well.

So that is what I have going on this week!

What are you trying out this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment