Friday, May 6, 2011

Foundation

I am happy to report that Revlon Photoready in Shell is working out amazingly well.  I found it to be a difficult foundation to work with at first.  I tried it out the second I brought it home and I just had that awful feeling of, "Not again." 



It needs a little extra time with application, like instead of 30 seconds, a full minute.  lol  And it definitely needs to be applied with the fingers.  Well for me it worked that way.  I currently do not have a beauty blender to test it out with.  I prefer damp fingers to help work it in, not wet, just clean the hands and pat on the towel. 

At first I used my usual technique of dotting my face and stipling with brush.  No good.  I used too much and it settled in my pores and it's slightly too yellow on heavy application.  The brush did nothing to help with blending.  I even used a spritz of Rare Minerals Moisture Burst Facial Mist and it just wasn't enough.  Fingers work much nicer. 

The color is slightly yellow but I found that the yellow works to tone down my redness a bit.  I'm still debating about getting the next shade up Nude to mix for the summer months when I'm a bit darker.  Surprisingly I haven't been shopping all week! 

It does have a slight sparkle but sometimes it is noticeable, other times not.  They are tiny, tiny.  Not sure if they changed the formula or not.  I know many have complained that it is way to glittery.  But it blends in with all the other shimmers I put on my face either from fall out from my eyeshadow or my PF bronzer! 

Love it!  Well this week I do anyway.  lol

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this color worked for you! I am also rather fair to light, what shades work for you in other brands? I am wondering if we are similar. I have problems finding correct shades because my skin appears to be neutral. I used to wear MAC NC20 but now its too yellow! A lot of drugstore foundations are too pink on me. So far my best match has been Korres LF1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revlon Colorstay in Buff works pretty well but I get oily after a couple of hours even with primer and I hate piling on the powder. I was using Neutragena Healthy Skin in Natural Ivory over the winter nwhich is a little too pink. Before liquid I used Bare Minerals for years. I would mix Fair and Fairly light to get a pretty good match. Then I dabbled with AVON foundations and I usually purchased light beige but they were a little too dark but the Ivories were too light. My neck is pretty white but my face is pink so I try to balance. However, I put my arm up next to one of my friend's recently and I actually looked yellow compared to hers. So I thought that was interesting.

    I should try Korres! It's on my list now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough to swap for the Korres on MUA, so I didn't have to pay full price. My local Sephora does not carry the line, so I was so surprised that it actually matched my skintone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just checking out the Sephora website. I don't have a Sephora close by to check them out there. Is it the Ginger and Vitamins Foundation? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete