Wednesday, May 18, 2011

L'OREAL Youth Code

It has taken me a while to review this product.  I've been using it for close 2 months now.   I will of course start with the things that I love/like about this product.



First of all, it really has changed my skin.  So much so that I have had to look for a new foundation.  It hit me the other day when I was thinking about why my previous foundations, while not perfect, would be sufficient and then all of a sudden I just couldn't wear them anymore. 

My complexion is brighter, more even, and my pores are smaller.  The eye cream has a metal end cap to it and when applying, it is cooling and soothing especially on those mornings when you have that extra puffiness.  It is a real treat to the eye and so unique that I have never used another product with that feature. It definitely has made a difference in reducing my fine lines. 




The day lotion has a pump which is a really nice feature.  I pump it 3 times to have enough to smooth over my face and chest.  I skip my neck because like I have said in other posts, I'm doomed if anything touches it.  Instant sensitivity reaction which is a nice way of saying major breakout that will last seemingly for weeks.  It's a very strange phenomenon.  lol

It truly is an amazing product.  Now on to the things I don't like about it.

Dang expensive!!!  It runs anywhere from $29.95 to $34.95 for the starter trio.  But I've been using it for close to 2 months now and I have a couple more weeks left of the night cream.  Not sure of the day cream because I can't see inside the bottle.  So it will roughly last 2.5 months.  But I bought two sets with rite aid coupons, MCs, one I submitted a rebate for, and +up rewards at Rite Aid.  I can't remember what I paid but I think one was a money maker.  So let's say less than $5.  I still have another one to use.

My skin is oily, combination at best.  The lotions are very heavy.  I only need a little tiny bit.  At times it clogs my pores.  I think.  I say I think because at the same time I have been using this product there has been a lot of transition in my life.  I've just finished up a year long accelerated baccalaureate nursing program.  Can you say stress?  I had a baby 8 months ago and a couple months ago we finished the process of weaning.  Can you say hormones?  I started taking biotin which I know many have said broke them out when they started taking it.  We are selling our house and moving at the end of June.  The house isn't sold and we have to move (military).  More stress!

But it's not a breakout per se.  Just clogged pores which as soon as I clean my face at night and apply the night cream, my face is back to smooth.  I use the Olay Cleanser brush and currently I switch between 2 cleansers.  Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Cleanser and Biore Revitalizing 4-in-1 self-foaming cleanser which I will be reviewing soon because it's almost gone!  Oh and I forgot I've been testing out Say Yes to Blueberries Smoothing Cleanser and serum which I will be reviewing soon too!

Oh, I don't really like any jar of lotion because it gets under my nails.  But what can you do?  A thick night cream can't be dispensed in a pump.  Or can it?

All in all, it's a great product and I did see a remarkable improvement in my skin after using this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment