Saturday, November 12, 2011

Belle of the Ball

So...  My luck streak continued yesterday.  After several failed attempts to recreate an Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany hair, I resorted to calling the professionals.  I arrive at the salon after a painfully slow 45 minute journey through gridlocked traffic, 15 minutes late, usually a 10 minute drive, only to find out that I made an appointment at another salon across town.  Yeah.  And it only gets better.
"Someone will be with you in several minutes."  Lovely welcome into the bustling establishment.  We had to leave at 1:30, it was now 5 to 1.  Almost in tears, I realize my mistake and go to the receptionist who had been replaced by a stylist.  She informs me that they are "15 deep."  I asked to be removed from the waitlist and walk out the door almost in tears.  As I reach my car, I hear my name being called repeatedly.  The stylist had read her screen incorrectly and I was next and she could take me!

Finally in the chair, 30 minutes before scheduled departure time, the hairdresser informs me that it has been 17 years since her last up-do in beauty school.  OMG.  "We are going to make you the Belle of the Ball!"  A painful 1.5 hours ensued of curling and teasing.  3 different attempts to put up my hair and a ton of hair spray and bobby pins later, I was good to go.  I lost 3 clumps of hair in the shower this morning.  But my hair stayed in place all night!  Thank you Deborah!

But enough of the nightmare, here are some pics!

First up... Nails.  This is 2 coats of ZOYA Caitlyn and 1 coat of OPI Significant Other Color.  I love the duochrome of pink and green!  Much like my dress.  It was taupe but flashed a slight blue or purple.  I also put this combo on my toes!







EOTD



Complete with UD false lashes!!!  They have a little purple on the ends which doesn't show in the picture but so pretty nonetheless.

Make up was done in the car in the parking lot of the Wilmington Riverside Hilton.  Yes another long story!  Stila Cloud on the lid, WnW Kitten in the crease and foiled for lower lash liner.  Darkest shade from the NYX I Dream of Jamaica palette for top and lower lash lines.  The lightest shade of this pallette (the shimmery white) was used as my inner corner and brow highlight.

First FOTD shot I believe!  Camera has been acting a bit wonky in the focus department which my husband no longer believes is "user error" on my part so it will be getting dropped off at Best Buy for a little fixy fix.  And the lense is a tad dirty... 

So for the face...  Since this was done in the car, I had to apply makeup over previously applied makeup, so basically just touched up.  Earlier in the afternoon Missha BB cream in #21 and #23 mixed (more of #21) was smoothed on the face. 

Rimmel Matte powder in Translucent to set and then extra on nose, forehead and chin areas.  I used Physicians Formula Bambo Wear in Creamy Natural as a contour, bronzer, basically to darken up the cheeks and temples a bit. 

Under the eyes Benefit Erase Paste and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - Brightener, the pink one, over that.

Milani Luminous on the cheeks, Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten highlighter in Portofino.  To touch up, I added Physicians Formula Happy Booster blush (which I do not know the exact shade as the label must have fallen off!) on the apples of my cheeks.

And it was a lovely night indeed!


1 comment:

  1. I love the layering you did with the polishes. I also have that OPI colour and haven't touched it in a couple of years. Thanks for reminding me to stop neglecting it. :)

    ReplyDelete