Sunday, October 24, 2010

SNOTD


This is one coat of Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in 420 Midnight Blue.  One coat folks!  It has a wider brush so one swipe for the pinky, 2 swipes for the thumb.  I constantly wear this on my toenails and yes they are permanently stained blue I'm sure!  I love this color.  I thought I would try it out on my fingernails this week.  It lasts weeks on my toes so I'm sure it will last the 10 days it is advertised to last on my fingernails.  I've worn Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in 270 Steel Grey but I can't remember how long it lasted. 
I'll test this one out! 

I love the formula of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro.  It goes on perfect and smooth everytime. 

Here's my order of brand preference:

1.  Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro: (if you couldn't guess)

2.  AVON nail wear:  It has the same thickness as the Rimmel but the thinner traditional brush.  Oh and of course, super affordable at $1.99 or $2.99 depending on whether or not you buy it on sale.  It will last you a week as well if you apply with a base coat and a top coat. 

3.  NYX:   Some colors can be a bit strong smelling but they have a lot of fun colors to choose from and anoher affordable brand.  $3 at comcherryculture.com  In fact, I just spied out a bunch of colors I need to try out!  I'll need to wait for sale though and do a haul.

4.  Sally Hansen Insta-Dry:  It truly dries super fast but only lasts on the nails for a couple of days.  Also featuring the wider brush like Rimmel but the formula is even thicker so you really need to get it on the nails rather quickly and not mess with it until the nails are completely dry.  Then you can go over it with another coat.  But 1 to 2 coats is all you need.
 
5.  Revlon:  Great colors but the formula is thin and it takes several coats to achieve the desired look.  Takes forever to dry with that many layers of polish as well.

6.  Sinful Colors:  I only have one color in this brand and I really have to load it on to see the true color on my nails.  It goes on very sheer the first couple of applications. 

7.  Mary Kay:  It's the only other brand I have.  I only have one color and I haven't worn it in forever.  I'll break it out next week.  I'm not sure if MK still makes nail polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment