Monday, July 9, 2012

L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream


As promised, here is L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream!  

Like I said a couple of days ago, it is much different than any other "bb cream" I have tried.  

It comes out of the tube very liquidy (runny) and it is white and has what looks like and subsequently feels like little colored beads.  As you blend it into the skin presumably the color beads burst and deposit the right amount of color to the face.  

So by now you are thinking, what is this product?  Let the photos do the talking...









Ta da!  Perfection!  It's magic...  :)


The Magic Skin Beautifier reminds me of a product by AVON that I never reviewed, or maybe I did?  Ideal Shade Custom Shade Foundation Lotion SPF 15.  I wore it until I finished the tube one end of summer/fall/winter.  It came in 3 shades, Light, Medium and Medium Deep, retailed for $8.99.  Great product.  

It was lightweight, had a little sun protection, it really did match your skin tone, maybe just a tad too pink for me, but with powder, bronzer and blush, it worked.  Sadly it was discontinued.  The only thing I didn't like about it was the smell.  Very scented.  They have it in the outlet right now for $2.99 in medium and medium deep.  I might just pick up the medium...  Link!

Josie Maran also has the same concept with her Argan Oil Matchmaker Foundation and also Almay with their Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup.  Oh and I believe that Wet n Wild has one now to but I wouldn't know with my "infrequent" trips to the drugstore...  :)

Now for a review of Magic Skin Beautifier...

I really really like this product.   In terms of the claimed "4 Beautifying Actions in 1" I believe it hits all 4.


In terms of perfecting and correcting, this product works wonders evening out my red cheeks, broken capillaries around my nose, hiding a couple age spots on my forehead and minimizes my medium to large pores.  It's one of those products that you put on your face and you can't stop looking at yourself in mirrors trying to find something wrong with the product.  Wait, you don't do that?  :)  


It's very lightweight, I would say the coverage is medium.  It also leaves this sheen.  It's not a moisturized dewy glow like the Youthcode/Garnier BB creams, it's like this radiance.  Similar to Neutrogena Healthy Skin which I love. 


I still prefer a concealer for under my eyes and around my nose but if I'm in a hurry, I just skip this all together.  Currently, I am enjoying extremely clear skin.  I have worked out a winning complexion routine which I will gladly share soon.  If you do have bouts of acne, pigmentation issues etc, this product will minimize but those issues are not going to magically disappear with this product unfortunately.


Yes it hydrates but minimally.  Now I don't have dry skin.  I have combination oily skin and live in a very hot and humid climate.  I do not need a separate moisturizer with this product as I would with a regular foundation.  However, I do need some SPF since it doesn't contain any.  I use my Alpha Hydrox Sheer Silk Moisturizer.  If you have combo/oily skin, this lotion is a must have!


Priming...  I use a primer to ensure that my foundation doesn't slip and slide off my face within 2 hours of applying.  This product does not budge.  However, my Alpha Hydrox may be helping in that department.  Just from years of experience with my skin 9 chances out of 10, my face does better with a primer.


I have been wearing L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier since 7:30 a.m.  I spent about 2 hours or so outside dropping off and picking up at camps and taking care of my garden and my neighbors garden, nothing strenuous but it is 93 degrees and 70% humidity out there.  About 6 hours of wear and this is what I look like, no blotting, powdering, retouching.  








I know, nice pose and with a shot of the bottle in the background.  I swear that wasn't intentional.  lol  But as you can see it really does look nice.  This is in shade light.  I probably could get away with fair and darken a tad with bronzer but this is what I was sent and it matches quite well.  I think this compares to a MAC NW25.  For reference I wear Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 (a bit light right now), Neutrogena Healthy Skin in Nude 40, Guerlain Lingerie De Peau in 02, Lioele Beyond the Solutions BB Cream.

Also let me add that I did initially set the Magic Skin Beautifier with Airspun Loose Powder in Translucent and a spritz with Urban Decay De Slick.  I will also note that yesterday I set it with Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder and no setting spray with the same results.  I switch off between the 2.  I use a setting spray with the Airspun to eliminate that powdered look.

So there you have it.  Do I like L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream?  Yes I really do.  One of my biggest issues with foundation/BB creams/tinted moisturizers is a color match.  This one matches perfectly.  I really can't find any flaws other than to call it a BB cream might be a stretch with this one!

This was sent to my by L'OREAL after winning a twitter contest, I was sent the Youthcode BB Cream.  After contacting them and letting me know that they sent it in the wrong shade, a tube of Magic Skin Beautifier was sent out as a replacement.  Which I didn't mind because since the Youthcode BB cream is similar to the Garnier BB cream which I already have, it was nice to try out this new one.

L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream comes in 4 shades, fair, light, medium and deep.  It retails anywhere from $7.99 to $10.99.

Have you picked this up yet?

3 comments:

  1. I just started using this last week. I cannot say enough good things about it. I work in a steel mill, and even when I sweat I STILL don't get shiny, no powder or blotting. I have combination to oily skin as well. And, the color blends naturally with my own skin tone. I <3 this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm liking it more and more. I wear it everyday now. I'm curious about the Maybelline BB cream now. I can't stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into the BB creams, but it looks amazing on you!
    Found you on the Walkabout Wednesday Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete