Thursday, July 19, 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1

Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector...  That's a mouthful!

Yet another drugstore "BB cream" claiming 8 benefits.  That's a lot of claiming...

1.  Blurs Imperfections
2.  Enhances
3.  Brightens
4.  Adjusts to skin-tone
5.  Smooths
6.  Hydrates
7.  SPF 30 (!!!) protects
8.  0% oils and other heavy ingredients

I grabbed this in Medium and I think it's a pretty good match for my NW20-25 tanned skin right now.

This product has 30 SPF  Titanium Dioxide 1.15% sunscreen.  This isn't broad spectrum, meaning screens out UVA and UVB but right on the package it says "helps prevent sunburn."  Now for someone that lives in Southeastern US, I need a lot of sun protection.  15 SPF doesn't quite cut it for me.  30 is my comfort zone.

That being said, with the higher SPF, comes with it the "greasy" factor.  It does give a nice luminous glow so the oily skinned need to beware.  It is thicker product, less so than Garnier and L'OREAL Youthcode BB creams, but it also feels heavier than those 2 as well.  Garnier and the Youthcode BB cream feel lighter but are bulkier coming out of the tube.  If that makes sense.  Lower SPFs though, they both weigh in at 15 SPF.


The consistency reminds me of Lioele Beyond the Solutions BB cream but with just a little more slip.  But that's as far as you can compare the two.  Lioele is a "traditional" BB cream from Korea and it offers a less dewy finish and medium to full coverage.


As far as coverage-wise, I think it has the least out of all 3, Garnier, L'OREAL Youthcode and L'OREAL Magic.  You will definitely need concealer under the eyes and on imperfections if you are looking for a flawless face.  But it's not claiming to be full coverage, on the front of the bottle it says, "Sheer tint" and that is exactly what you are getting.

Here are some photos!



Love the hygienic safety seal!!!



It has a neutral undertone, maybe with a hint of pink.




So here is the before shot.  Completely bare face except for some eyeshadow and some lip gloss.


This is seconds after applying Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector in the shade Medium with my fingers.  The next shade down, light/medium might have been a better match but it does blend in nicely.  I have a couple blemishes on this side of my face that I wanted to show.  



This is me with blush (MAC Crew) a little bronzer (Physcians Formula Bamboo Wear Light Bronzer) and powder (Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder 001 transparent).

Now on to the claims:


1.  Blurs Imperfections?  Slightly, the coverage is very sheer.
2.  Enhances?  Slightly, again the coverage is very sheer.  It evens out the skin-tone minimally.
3.  Brightens?  It has a nice glow to it.  Oily/combo need a good powder.
4.  Adjusts to skin-tone?  Yes, it blends in nicely.
5.  Smooths?  I have large pores and though it doesn't settle into my pores, it does accentuate them.  I definitely need a primer with this product.
6.  Hydrates?  Yes but I also do not need any extra moisturizing with my combo/oily skin.  I don't think anyone would need any extra moisturizer except for the seriously dry.
7.  SPF 30 protects?  Broad Spectrum would be better but 30 is nice!
8.  0% oils and other heavy ingredients:  Still feels slightly heavy but since it has an SPF of 30 I do not need to add another lotion to my face.


Overall, I like the light coverage Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector and the 30 SPF that this product contains.  I do recommend a mattifying primer like Nurturing Force Blot Out Offensive shine + oil control cream for those of us with combo/oily skin especially in the summer months.  It applies nicely with your fingers but I actually prefer either my Sigma Duo Fibre F50 or my Real Techniques Stippling Brush.

L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier is still my #1 drugstore BB cream right now because of it's semi-matte finish and it does a nice job of minimizing my pores.  The shade in light is spot on perfect color match for me.  However, I do need to add a sunscreen to my face as it does not contain any.

Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector comes in fair, light, light/medium, medium, medium deep, deep and will set you back $7.44 (walmart) to $11.99 depending on wear you shop.

Have you tried Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector yet?  What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. nice review. it really looks natural to the skin unlike foundations! ❤ misskatv.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does have a nice finish to it. That's why I prefer "BB creams" drugstore and Korean. They melt into the skin and are not mask like. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete