Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sonia Kashuk® Blending Sponge


I've been wanting to try the Beauty Blender for ages now but I bought some cheap-o makeup sponges in bulk a while back and vowed to finish every last one.  But when the time came for a new foundation sponge, I didn't want to shell out $25 and possibly shipping, surprise, surpise.  I am not lucky enough to have an Ulta nor a Sephora with in 100 miles of my house!  :(  Believe me, it is quite frustrating at times.  So while perusing the cosmetic aisle at Target, as luck would have it, I find Sonia Kashuk's blending sponge for $9.99! 

Upon opening, it does have an unpleasant scent.  I was not ready to use mine straight away so I let it sit out, well air out for a few hours.  Weird there are no instructions for usage but I found it works pretty efficiently at blending and buffing in my foundation.  I went back to the packaging for guidance just to make sure and there was nothing!  Like all my other sponges of the past, I pre-moistened the sponge.  I find that it eases the application and disallows foundation absorbtion deep within the sponge.  Easy clean up! Foundation will stick after multiple applications, despite washing after every use however. 

I used my Revlon Colorstay foundation and now I am back in love with it!  The blending sponge really buffs the foundation into the skin and it truly looks flawless.  I'm so glad I found this on the shelf!  I had no idea it existed!  It's a great way to finally use up every drop of my only liquid foundation. 


I use the bottom to dab on foundation on my forehead, cheeks and chin and then start blending and buffing away.  I use the pointy top part for my nose and undereyes.  Not sure how long it will last.  I figure a few months if you wash it a few days.  I've been washing it after every use.  So far no breakdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment