Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Target!!!

Well I popped over to Target for some essentials tonight and noticed a lot of clearance items!!!  SH nail polish, Sonia Kushuk brushes, John Frieda shampoo...  Which I'm going back for because I didn't have all my coupons with me, shocking I know!

So the $1 MC for Nicole by OPI really got me excited.  I have never bought a full size Nicole by OPI before.  Too expensive for me.  $7 a bottle?  Forget it.  Not this girl.  I mean, it has to be a very weak moment, a crazy unique color.  Well, I thought, if I'm starting off $1 less, I knew I could make a deal somehow. 



Since I've been on "vacation" so to speak for a couple of weeks now, I'm running low on face wash.  I'm not super happy with the one I have right now so I'm ready to make a switch.  It's a Biore shower one.  It does a great cleaning job, just too good of a job to use everyday.  So I did my research of course and found out that the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Surge and Energizing Cleansing pads were both on sale and when you bought them together, you receive a $5 Target GC.  I had $5 MC for the power cleanser and $2 off for the refills.  OOP I paid $11 something for the both of them and got back $5 GC making them like $3 a piece.  Not bad. 

But of course I turned around and used the $5 GC on 2 Nicole by OPI polishes along with my 2 $1/1 MCs making them $3.50 a piece.  I grabbed one from the Bieber collection, One Less Lonely Glitter.  Which is a fun light purple glitter.  Love it!  I have 4 coats on my middle finger right now.  I also picked up, It's not me, it's blue. In the store under the bright lights it looked like a dark bluish purple.  Maybe I imagined that after I read the name.  Then I got it home and looked at it and I was worried that it was just like that LE Revlon.  But swatching it on my thumb it is a glittery graphite.  I'm not under the best of light right now so I can't wait to do a full mani.  Absolutely love it already and I will be wearing it a lot I'm sure. 




They both have completely different brushes.  The purple glitter bomb from the Bieber the One Less Lonely Girl Collection has a very wide "perfect stroke" brush.  And the other a very thin, Orly type brush.  They are both suitable for the formulas.  Both polishes dried pretty fast.  I applied thin coats and they were dry to the touch in about 2 minutes.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with my choices and I'm going to want more for sure.

Oh I also used up my free Ecotools coupons.  I grabbed the retractable kabuki brush for my mom.  She was needing a new one.  Hope she likes it!  And I found a Bambo Bronzer brush for me.  OMG so soft!!!

So that's that for now.  I am heading to CVS this week because I have $10 in Beauty Club ECBs to print out.  Gotta keep rollin' em!

Hope you are enjoying the week and stay out of the hot sun!  I'm going to wash my face...