Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 17: Weekly Skincare/Makeup Box-Weekend Holiday Travel Edition

We traveled over the weekend to visit family on Easter.  This is what I packed!  Since I am heading again this weekend, I just continued to use what I packed. 

Currently I am using the Thirty-One Deluxe Beauty Bag which is currently a Hostess Exclusive.  I think with a $200 party you can purchase this for $25.  When I purchased this bag it was only available in 2 prints.  It holds a lot of stuff and I like that it has a larger pocket to hold brushes and hair tools.



Only tried and true come with me on vacations.  I try to pack light...  ;)  The 3 pockets at the top are very small and snug but work well so that you only have space for a couple small items which are visible and easily accessible.  So I have some NIVEA lotion for hands, body and face if I need it.  I also packed my Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution, Rose Salve, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery and Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter.

 The next longer and deeper horizontal has a little more wiggle room. Here I put some hand sanitizer wipes, witch hazel wipes for my face, cotton buds, exfoliating cotton rounds, Urban Decay de-Slick, wide tooth comb and some perfume samples. 


The larges pocket at the bottom of the bag has a clear zip pocket in the front perfect for makeup brushes, tweezers, nail file etc...

(My lovely camera or computer or both have decided not to cooperate and import photos at the moment so I will describe the rest of what I packed! Will update later.)

Inside this pocket also has expandable holders which are good for larger bottles of lotion, hair brushes etc.  I packed my Evian facial spray, Bath and Body Works aromatherapy sleep body cream in lavender and chamomile, ceramic round brush, and L'OREAL Miracle Blur.  I also packed the 2 mesh pockets on either side.  Left side contains deodorant (not my favorite, I ran out of Donna Karan Cashmere mist), hand sanitizer, Bumble and bumble Bb Straight Blow Dry, Guerlain L'OR, Clinique Skin Supplies for men face scrub (works for ladies too!) and hand sanitizer.  Right pocket has Supergoop! SPF 30 City Sunscreen Serum (which I am obsessed with), L'OREAL Magic LUMI Primer, Clinique all about eyes serum, Nuance Smoothing Anti-Aging Eye Cream and Urban Decay b6 spray.

The outside pockets so far have a travel size L'OREAL EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner, Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash and seventh generation boosts clearing with tea tree skin serum.  and I have room to add more if I see something last minute.

Now for makeup:

I really wanted to pack minimal and use one makeup bag.  This blue and white strips bag is from a Hautelook sample bag which they offer a couple times a year.  It's a really nice, lined bag and it has held up impressively.



Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix.
BB Cream: Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox
Concealers: Bobbi Brown corrector, Maybelline Fit Me in 10 Light, 15 Fair and Magic Lumi Highlighter.
Powders: Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand (might be too yellow, jury is out), tarte Smooth Operator for setting Concealer
Primer: Smashbox for face, Jesse's Girl and Stay Don't Stray for lids
Eyes: Maybelline Color Tattoos in 250 Nude Pink, 95 Sleek & Spice and 25 Bad to the Bronze, L'OREAL Infallibles in 405 Pink Sapphire and 888 Iced Latte (high lighter), LORAC Pro to go and Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals
Mascara: L'OREAL Butterfly and Urban Decay supercurl curling mascara
Face: LORAC Pro To Go for the blush and bronzer.  Nice palette. MAC Taupe Shape for contour
Lips: WnW ColorIcon lipliner in Brandy Wine, Milani lipsticks in 27 Dulce, 21 Sangria, L'OREAL 183 Pink Resistance
Brows: Anastasia Clear Brow Gel and ybf automatic eyebrown pencil in universal taupe

It's a lot but that's how I roll!

So this is the makeup I used last week and currently in use this week.  And again I am packing for another weekend trip and will update you on that project!

Happy week 17 to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment