Thursday, April 3, 2014

What's in My Travel Makeup Bag

I previously mentioned in my Week 14 Skincare/Makeup box post that I have been walking past my travel zebra makeup bag on my dresser for months.  I used to travel for work 1-2 times a month and I believe I changed everything out and packed it up after the first of the year.  It's only been moved to dust so far this year and I had forgotten what was in it until now!


The pink & red striped bag (old Target sample bag) is used infrequently and stored in my purse/bag. Over the weekend I realized my NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder and Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder were in there.  I have been looking for them!


I also have a Philosophy eye hope concealer in extra light, Aveda Hand Cream, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (also was looking for this), Bath and Body Works hand Sanitizer, Sircuit Skin Cosmceuticals molecular Mist Hydrating Moisture Therapy, Chapstick in Rasperry Cream, Vaseline Lip therapy rosy lips and a Sigma F30 Large Travel Powder brush.

The Zebra makeup bag was a steal from Coldwater Creek a few years ago.  It also fits a ton apparently.  It's a double zip and nice quality.


For skincare I have Olay Regenerist eye lifting serum, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip protectant stick SPF 15, Sephora Anti-Shine Foundation Primer, Target up&up oil-absorbing sheets, and Anthony Logistics for Men Instant Fix Oil Control.  I use this when my skin is super oily in the summer.  It works like a charm. I blot first then apply this over my makeup and I have instant matte skin.  It's amazing.  I will always have some of this on hand.


For makeup I have Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation in 120 Classic Ivory, Beauty Base Foundation in Skintone 3 (Birchbox sample?), Philosophy the supernatural lit from within healthy cream blush in 01 bare your soul, Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in 10 Sunbaked Neutrals (never used, seal still intact), Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter in 125 Fair, Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 651 Porcelain Pink and in 205 Champagne on Ice.


I have some hand wipes and Witch Hazel wipes for my face.


For brushes I have an Ecotools travel kabuki which I love, a tiny mark eye trio, Bare Minerals liner brush and a Sigma E-25 blending brush.  Some Q-tips and a sample perfume Ageless by Harvey Prince.

Time to rotate some of these items out.  I also just tried on the 2 Revlon lipsticks and the Champagne on Ice is a frosty light orange on me.  Not a good look.  I'm not sure if this color changed or what?  Also the Porcelain Pink is in the pearl finish and it's just too frosty on my lips for my taste. I'm going to pitch these two. 

The Urban Decay Lip Junkie just feels heavy and sticky on my lips.  It still tastes minty and feels plumping but I can't get over that uncomfortable heavy feeling on my lips.  Time to let it go!  *currently singing Let it Go from the movie Frozen*  :)

So this will be my makeup for Week 14.  Since we will be travelling at the end of the month, I will update my travel makeup essentials and share my new selections with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment