Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This week at CVS!

So much for not shopping during the month of June.  I figure since we are moving to NC by the end of the month and will be living in temporary base housing (a hotel) and vacationing at my brother's lakehouse, I won't be shopping for nearly 2 months!  Plus with RR, ECBs and +up rewards, I can't let them go to waste now can I?  lol

So this week's CVS edition was a special treat since I was able to shop with my sister and she was able to let me "borrow" a coupon!  Yay!  We were in MA over the weekend and it was fun getting our newspapers and working on a strategy.  Plus when I scanned my card and received the $3 off $10 cosmetics coupon, I grabbed some items that I remembered were on clearance and scanned them real fast to make sure.


Oh and my sis suggested I hit the return button a few times when I am writing out my deal scenerios because it is hard to read in paragraph form.  Genious!

So here's what I used:

2 $2/1 John Frieda products MC
2 $3/1 Oral B toothbrush MC
1 $2/1 L'OREAL Visible Lift MC
Free tub of Cottonelle wipes ($2.99) MC
$3 off $10 cosmetics coupon
$4 off $20 CVS coupon

I split it into 2 transactions.  I did the John Frieda and wipes.  I paid with the above coupons and then $4 off $20 and a $3.99 ECB.  So OOP for the 3 items I paid $5.32 which includes tax.  Got back $3 for the John Frida. 

Second transaction I rolled the $3 ECB and used the $3 off $10 and the above coupons for the toothbrushes etc.  I totally forgot about a Maybelline MC I had.  Dang.   So I paid $8.72 which includes tax and got back $6 in ECB.

So grand total OOP was $14.04 and I got back $6 in ECB so essentially I paid $7.96 for everything.  Seeing how one of the John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray was $8 on sale, I did pretty good!

1 comment: