Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Beauty Goals for 2012!

So I have been thinking long and hard about this.  lol  No I haven't, they literally came to me during my morning shower and I have resolved to make it happen! I actually have not one but 2!

Without further ado...

1.  I will live off my stash for the next 12 months, the entire year of 2012 or until it is used up.

I mean everything, shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, eye cream...  Seems like a long time... I know.  This means I have to quit shopping.  GULP!  The search for the HG's are over.  I have them all or their equivalents in my both of my bathroom vanities anyway. 

Yes I have tried this before.  But I wasn't ready then.  Now it is different, I am mentally prepared and ready for this challenge.  For one, I have a ton of upcoming expenses this year and it is fitting that I resolve to keep this goal.  And secondly, it is long over do.  My drawers, cabinets, shelves, spare bedroom/ office are full of "product" as my mom says and reminded me while she was here over Christmas.

I have saved a ton, literally thousands of dollars on all of the "product" I have accumulated, but as my husband so eloquently states...  "You are not saving any money by spending it."  He is so right, he always is!  ;)  Obviously we still need household and personal items and I will continue couponing, but I am challenging myself this upcoming year to live off my stash.

I do have a couple small caveats...

1.  In order to keep this goal a little realistic, I am allowing myself the occasional, well let's be honest here, monthly sample box.  I do like to gift them, especially the Julep Maven box because it is a nice surprise for that person.  So May, July, August, September, October, December will probably all be gifted actually.

2.  I am going to IMATS NYC in April with my sister.  I honestly do not know what to expect as an IMATS newbie, but I am allowing myself to purchase a few items, namely INLGOT and OCC :)

3.  As I run out of items, not anticipating running out, but actually after throwing an empty container in the garbage/recycling bin, I can repurchase.  For example, my first item that only has a few drops left is my John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray.  When I pitch it, I can get another.   Okie doke?

Then as I finish an item, I will review it!  It might be the second time, but everything will be reviewed as I finish to keep me on track. 

I will be completing an "inventory" of products which I will document in a separate post.  It is going to take me forever.  Well I need to get it up before 2012, so I have 2 days.

On to my second lofty goal of 2012

2.  I will lose 20 pounds in 2012.

I pretty much say this every year but then I seem to get pregnant about 10 pounds in.  lol  But my husband and I have decided our family of 5 is quite big enough so I should be in the clear to lose the elusive 20!

I eat very healthy food choices, but alas exercise is a bit of a roller coaster ride for me and portion control will be key.  What can I say, I cook amazingly delicious meals ;)  There really isn't anything I can cut out or eat more of unless I become a complete vegan but that's really not an option for me.  I eat very little meat as it is.  Lean proteins and veggies has always been my mantra as well as everything in moderation.  I need to get back on track with the moderation!

So there you have it.  My two beauty goals for 2012!!!

Have you came up with any Resolutions or Goals to accomplish in 2012?  Do share!

2 comments: