Friday, February 17, 2012

Beauty Army!

My second Beauty Army kit reported for duty earlier this week and one thing is for sure, I really know how to pick 'em!  :)

Beauty Army is a unique sampling subscription where you get to choose...  After completing your profile quiz, they select 9 samples based on your answers and then you pick 6 of the selections.  For $12 a month, you can enjoy 6 deluxe samples from some truly fabulous brands.



Just love this cigar-like box.


Each sample was individually wrapped in pink tissue paper which I had already unwrapped.  I can always use pink tissue paper.  Not a scrap will go to waste!


First up, LaRocca 24K Gold Exfoliating Cleanser.

It's made with actual gold and stimulates collagen growth.  Awesome.  The 4 oz size retails at $45.  It smells of grapefruit and also contains green tea.  Everyone needs more antioxidants in their life!

Here is the ingredient list from the Beauty Army website:


Ingredients:  Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mica, Silica, Ethoxydiglycol, Barium Sulfate, FulvicAcid, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-6, 24K Gold, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, CaprylylGlycol, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Diatomaceous Earth, Titanium Dioxide, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica Caprifolium, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides.



MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone Eyeshadow in BB, bellbottom blues.  

Which is so appropriate as I bought some 7th for all Mankind bellbottom-ish jeans today...  lol  (Which I don't have to tell you I bought on clearance, additional 40% off the clearance price!  Score!)  


This is a nice jewel-toned royal-navy blue.  Love!  Can't wait to do a blue smokey eye with this one!  This eyeshadow retails at $20.



CellCeuticals CellGenesis  

Here is the description from the Beauty Army site...  It doesn't get any better than this...

"Super-potent regenerative treatment with the exclusive, breakthrough, and patent pending GFP Cellular Complex that acts as a cellular stimulant to encourage the regeneration of new surface cells for visibly younger skin. This revolutionary skin treatment encourages the regeneration of new surface cells for visibly younger skin. In just two weeks, your skin looks and feels firmer and remarkably radiant, with visible lines and wrinkles diminished."


 Can you say wow?  I'm all about regeneration these days.



Indie Lee The Moisturizing Oil in Lavender

If I could bathe and slather lavender over myself every day I would.  Well technically I do.  It's in a lot of products that I use.  I have never used lavender oil straight up as a moisturizer before but I'm really looking forward to it.  I have been incorporating more oils in to my routine as I have been cleansing with oil and moisturizing with coconut oil since the summer to cut down on the unnecessary chemicals to which I expose my body.

Indie Lee is an all natural company that you can trust will provide you with the latest and greatest and time tested natural products.  Indie Lee herself started the company after her unfortunate bout with a
brain tumor.  The surgical removal was thankfully a success and this renewed sense of life spawned the development of products that you can truly feel good about putting on your skin.

Here is the ingredient list:

Ingredients:100% Natural: Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (apricot) Oil, Essential Oils of Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) and Anthemis Nobilis (chamomile).







Weleda Iris Hydrating Day Cream

The full size of 1 fl. oz. retails at $20.  This is a gorgeous lotion that smells amazing.  Though it is for dry to very dry skin, which I do not have, I can use tiny amounts and it doesn't seem to contribute to any more of an oil slick I might have by noon.  lol  Even though my skin tends to lean more oily, it still needs some moisture or the overcompensation kicks in!

I really enjoy Weleda's Wild Rose Smoothing Facial Lotion.  Rose comes in a close second to my lavender obsession...

Here is the ingredient list:

Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate,Alcohol, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter),Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Lysolecithin, Beeswax (Cera Flava),Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Iris Germanica Root Extract,Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*,Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*.
* from natural essential oils



MAD Skincare Youth Transformation Age Corrective Serum


This product has some serious technology in it.  "Multi-stem cell", "Multi-peptide" and "stimulate fibroblast growth and collagen synthesis."  What the what?  Very interested to see how this improves my skin.  I'm thinking a full size will definitely be needed to see the true affects.  It retails at $58.


So not a bad line up of products for this month's kit.  Really looking forward to some improvement and these products are power packed with the good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment