Sunday, February 19, 2012

A little taste of some sorbet...

So I finally tried out my Walmart clearance special OPI (Buy 1, Get 2 free) Guy Meets Gal-Veston.  I put on a layer and it was super sheer but not clear.  It was like a jelly but not.  So I did some investigating...

What's a sorbet?  I had no idea either.  The Polishaholic was there to give me the answers.  A "sorbet" finish is one that OPI developed, "too squishy to be a creme, too milky to be a jelly."  Well that clears it up!  They look like a popsicle on your nails.  Very cool.  


There is a visible nail line but if you use a more opaque base than I did, it will be nearly undetectable.  I didn't know what to expect so I just used Julep Nail Therapy.  Normally I use that and then a layer of Essie Ridge Filler but it is getting almost too low in the bottle to use it.  Time for a new one!


So here is OPI Guy Meets Gal-Veston from the Texas Collection.  Apparently there are 6 of them!




Love the sorbet finish!  I like jellies in general but honestly, in my collection they are so few.  In fact, I might have given the L.A. Colors to my niece over the summer.  Now I want more!  You don't even need a top coat because the finish is so shiny already and this polish dried super fast.  I was able to do 3 coats in less than 15 minutes.  Completely dry.  I did use Seche Vite so I didn't ding them up.  As you can see from the photos I didn't seal my tips so the Seche pulled back on the polish when it dried.





The last photo is with a flash and probably shows the "true" color.  It looks orange in some lights like in Walmart where I bought it, but it is more of a coral. I really like it.  This is not the sort of color I gravitate towards at all.  You know me, greens, blues and purples, glitters and flakies are the ones that catch my eye but this color looks really nice.  It's such a dreary rainy morning here in NC.  Glad I have this to brighten things up a bit!

Of course I'm probably going to put a flakie top coat on it very soon! 

Did you happen to pick up any sorbets from the OPI Texas Collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment