Sunday, February 5, 2012

EOTD 2/3/2012

I'm a little behind posting this look which I really liked.  I actually have a ton of eye looks but I can't remember what I wore in most of them so I will just start with a recent one!




I always love asking my husband how my eyes look and he will say, "I can't really see anything unless your eyes are shut."  lol  Oh hooded eyes...  But usually I'm more of a subtle makeup person anyway.

Here is what I used:


I really can't get enough of the L'OREAL Infallables.  They are truly special for a drugstore purchase.  I wouldn't doubt that they are the same as Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill though I do not have one to compare. If you have been putting off purchasing them, there really is no need.  They are a bit sparkly sheered out but leave a nice shimmer if applied densely with your finger, which is how I like to apply them.

I have been really liking the Rimmel Day 2 Night.  I've found that the volumizing brush lengthens nicely whereas if I use the lengthening brush, it will flake out on me.  It's the same brush, there are just two widths inside the tube where the brush is scraped off on so the volumizing tube is wider hence more product, lenthening is thinner, less product.  I just stick with the volume now.

I forgot I had the mark. no place to run long wearing eyeliner in Foxy Brown.  It's a nice cool brown as warm browns sometimes give me that irritated eye look.  It is super pointy coming out of the package and unfortunately I broke the tip off.  And I can't quite figure out how to twist the thing up.  Hmm...  There isn't a way to sharpen the tip back to a point so I have been using a liner brush with it and it still works beautifully as it is a creamy texture.  It lasts for hours on my oily lids.

Here are some swatches.



From Left to Right:  WnW Nutty, Continuous Cocoa, Golden Sage and Iced Latte

I actually started with the green from Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner Glam Hazel eyes (gold caps) as a base over the Missha base.  I find that my eyeshadow does not budge with these.  On top of that went Golden Sage.  I took nutty into the crease and blended that out with WnW Brulee and took Ice Latte under the brow as a highlighter as well as the inner corner.  Continuous Cocoa was used as a lower lash liner and Foxy Brown was used on the lower waterline.

My blush is PF Mineral Wear Mineral Blush in Pink Glow.  I have been concealing my cheek redness lately with Hard Candy Glamoflauge heavy duty concealer in light and I can really see the color of my blush now.  In fact, I can just use the concealer and powder and I am good to go.  Wish I started using this stuff...um...years ago.  It could be just a tad bit less coverage for me, but it sheers out and I only need a pin drop to get the coverage I need.  Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment