Thursday, February 9, 2012

February Julep Maven

This month I decided to try Boho Glam and super glad I did!  My original style quiz results indicated that I fell into the American Beauty category.  Now if you don't know what I am talking about, here is a recap!

Julep is a nail polish company that offers a monthly subscription box for nail polish lovers for $19.99 and free shipping.  What you receive monthly varies but usually 2 polishes and a treatment.  They have you take their Julep Maven Style Quiz to learn more about you and to be able to provide you with monthly nail polish boxes based on your preferences.  You will fall into one of 5 categories.

American Beauty
Bombshell
Boho Glam
Classic with a Twist
It Girl

You have a window each month between the 20th and 24th to change your style if you do not like the picks for that month.  Also during this time frame you can skip the month and not be charged or you can send it to a friend.  I like this option because I like to gift mine frequently.  You can also request a "shelf pull" if you don't like any the selections for that month as well.

They have a referral program and provide you with a link that you can share on your favorite social media site.  If you get 2 referrals, you will get 1 month of Julep Maven for free.  This has changed from their previous policy that seemed to backfire immediately and received a lot of backlash, albeit deservingly.  We can't all be perfect now can we!

New policy:  Your friend must remain an enrolled Maven for 30 days after purchasing their first Maven box for you to keep your referral credit. Free months earned will begin to apply with the January 27th 2012 billing (February box).

In the beginning, you would receive I believe $20 for one referral as my sister had signed up under me and I received that credit.  Though I can't find it on my account right now.  I have contacted customer service a few times in the past and they do reply promptly.  So I will find that out!

I recently re-took the style quiz and found that I am now an "It Girl."  However, I didn't like the It Girl choices for February and wanted to try Boho Glam.  So I logged in between the 20th and 24th and changed my selection to Boho Glam and his is what I received!  And some dark chocolate shaped as an Oscar!  lol





From left to right:
Marissa a dark cobalt blue shimmer, Julep Essential Cuticle Oil, Oscar, a gold glitter



I was flying out the door (ugh, as usual!) and had 20 minutes to paint my nails.  This is one coat.  I just wanted a light swipe of gold glitter on my ring, that is one coat as well so it's packed with glitter.  Julep nail polish dries very quick.

In fact, if you use a thicker layer of their metallic shades and try to go back over it, the polish will drag on you, which is annoying.  But the best way to apply any polish for that matter is a nice thin coat and then go back over it.  I of course didn't have that kind of time so I just did one medium coat and a layer of Seche and I was out the door.

In addition to their polish, I am really enjoying their treatments.  The Glycolic hand scrub is the best I've ever tried besides good old slathering of vasoline or coconut oil followed by a salt or sugar scrub or even the Mary Kay Satin Hands, my all time favorite.  It's less messy and quicker then the both of those methods too.

I just started using the Julep Essential Cuticle oil and I have noticed a difference right away.  I love the ingredient list:

Jojoba Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Castor Seed Oil
Rosewood Oil
Vitamin E
Lavender Oil
Ylang Ylang Oil

That's it!  No parabens, sulfates or phthalates.  It has a convenient rollerball applicator and I bring it everywhere.

I have tried their Pomegranate Scrub which is very fragrant and lovely but only lasted me 3 days and at $18 or now $14.40 on sale, it's not something I could afford to buy and use regularly.  But that is true of most body scrubs for me anyway!


I also just started trying the Julep Nail Therapy which I received in last month's box as a thank you for being one of their first few 100 subscribers.  I will let you know how it goes!


Right now you can try it for a $1 with code OSCARINTRO and you can cancel at any time.


http://julep.com/?r=15885142

Have you tried Julep yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment