Thursday, January 6, 2011

Completion of Project 100 Pan Challenge

Did I learn anything from this experience?  No.  I just made room for more stuff essentially.  And with the clearances at Walgreens and CVS, oh and all the cool stuff at the Dollar Tree, I'm stocked up with make-up for another year.  I did learn how to buy make-up for free this year.  No more running out for pressed powder or nail polish and paying full price or even 15-20% off.  No way.  Free all the way with ECBs, RR, Up Rewards and coupons.

Does it seem like I went through a ridiculus amount of products this year?  Umm, yes.  However, if you half use things and buy new things like I was doing, everything sits around.  In fact, it's genetic.  I was recently staying at my mom's house over Christmas and I noticed things in her drawer that I left from the previous Christmas and things that I left when I stayed with her a month while my husband was away at Recruiter School. 

Additionally, I had to discontinue using a few products when I became pregnant.  I did a lot of research on the potentially harmful chemicals contained within many beauty products.  In good conscience, I just couldn't take the chance...  I digress...  Oh and I have a huge floor to wall cabinet with glass doors and drawers in my bathroom.  Tons of storage space doesn't help either.  But I'm happy to report it is de-cluttered and half-used products have now been fully used.  Well there may be one or 2 half used conditioners.  Actually I think that there are.

I could just keep making excuses...  Drumroll please....The remaining 14 products that I finished up before the new year!

  87.  AVON SSS Dual Softening Lotion
  88.  Planet Spa Mediterrean Olive Oil Whipped Body Cream
  89.  Boots Cleansing Milk
  90.  Nexxus Headress Thickening Leave-in Conditioner
  91.  Nexxus Diametress Luscious Volumizing Shampoo
  92.  Planet Spa Himalayan Goji berry conditioning hair repair mask  This stuff works great and like $1.50 from AVON!
  93.  Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil
  94.  Yves Rocher Botanical Scrub
  95.  AVON Botanisource Comforting Cream  This was my savior when the weather changed and the Clinique Redness Solutions failed to give me the results I was looking for.
  96.  Apriori Celloxylin Cellular Age Advantage
  97.  Yves Rocher SeboSpecific Pore Refining Care
  98.  Yves Rocher SeboSpecific Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
  99.  Covergirl Lashblast Mascara
100.  Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

So there it is.  Actually I went over 100 products but who's counting?  lol

I want to start a new challenge but I need to think about it.  Maybe another pan challenge?  75?  50 is probably a better and more accurate number.  We will be moving in July so there will be absolutely no shopping.  I should be able to clear out the remaining products by July.

I have some lotions and potions from Botanic Choice.  I have recently revisited their Chamomile Roller Ball Eye cream.  I have some Sejaa products to finish up.  Various eye creams and lotions from Yves Rocher.  Face masks.  I just never find the time to do them.  I tried every Sunday but then my Sundays got pretty busy with doing my nails, cooking and getting things organized for the week. 

Mascaras, mascaras, mascaras...  Actually not too many.  Some are getting clumpy.  The inner tube scrapey thingy in one of my AVON mascaras broke so I had to toss that one.  I just started on Rimmel's Lash Accelerator this week so I will let y'all know how that goes.  The formula is okay.  Doesn't compare to Lashblast that's for sure.  But no new Lashblast until all my mascaras are used up!  New Rule.  Not a challenge, a rule.  Unless I need to stock up because of a sale and before a coupon expires or something.  Deal?  It's a deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment