Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Obessed with BB cream!!!

OMG you guys!!! BB cream is amazing!!!  I stumbled upon Jen and her blog From Head to Toe somehow a really long time ago.  I remember her Pretty and Cute haul and I was a little curious about it and almost ordered but I think it was during a shopping break so I didn't or I was just busy with school. 

Recently I was watching one of Tati's videos on GlamLifeGuru.com and she was applying BB cream during one of her tutorials and I remembered the BB cream bottle from Jen's haul video.  It was completely white on Tati's face in her video so I figured it would be a good match for my skin tone.  Upon application, I found that it is slightly darker than my complexion after it oxidizes.  But I like it better cut in half with a little moisturizer.   Cutting it with moisturizer, it is a perfect match!  Not that I need extra moisture but I like a sheer coverage look but with coverage.  Does that make sense?  But it really isn't sheer.  It's very natural looking!    I finish it off with some powder and I'm done!

A little background on BB cream.  I've read a couple different stories.  One that it was developed in Germany to use as an aftercare product for patients undergoing laser or chemical treatments on their faces.  Also I read that it is used for burn victims.  Oh I just found this information here.  I was close.  But BB cream is short for "Blemish Balm."  It is a primer, foundation and concealer and healer. 

I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I already see a major improvement.  It has a whitening property that evens out the skin tone.  I have naturally "rosy" cheeks, well to be honest, they are bright red.  I used to think I had roscea but no, my cheeks are just red.  BB cream minimizes it ever so slightly but my color still comes through.  My skin looks flawless, seriously flawless.  And I'm pretty sure the cream itself is helping with my complexion as well.  But I've been seriously cleaning my face at night.  I now use make-up remover wipes and then my regular cleanser.   I was being lazy for a long time and just using wipes which does work well in a pinch, but for a thorough cleansing and more radiant skin, it's best to remove the make up first and then cleanse the skin.

So I bought Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream from prettyandcute.com.



This is just lightly blended.  I like less coverage so I cut it with moisturizer.  See how it covers up my blue veins?  If you want full coverage, you have it with this BB cream.


This is blended in completely.  And all I use is just a dot of BB cream and a dot of moisturizer to cover my entire face.  I start on either side of my nose and work up and down and out.  If that makes sense.  I have learned that foundations tend to oxidize more on my cheeks/jawline so I have to be careful with the amount of product i use further out.  Plus, nothing can touch my neck at all so I can not blend down my neck, I need to start blending a lot sooner than my jawline to look natural.


And of course, I love the pump! 

So here's Jen From Head to Toe video on a bunch of different BB creams.  Her friend Hannah is featured in the Part 2 video and her skintone is very similar to mine and she also had a few swatches of BB creams.  I love options!  I am curious about BB cream skin 79 which I was reading on Geisha Rock. But looking at it on Hannah hand in the From Head to Toe video, it is probably too grey.  But then again it does oxidize...

But I'm overall I'm very happy with what I bought, Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream. 50ml for $18.75



Details from prettyandcute.com:
"Long-lasting BB cream - soothing and keeps skin smooth without sebum secretion.


Helps to create a clean and natural skin tone by being absorbed into your skin with a soft usage. This enables speedy make-up application due to the unnecessary need to apply makeup base or foundation. Ingredients such as bisaborol, licorice root acid derivatives, allantoin, etc. soothe your skin and ingredients such as jojoba oil, macadamianut oil, hyaluronic acid derivatives, vegetable collagen, etc. keep your skin moist and smooth."

And I forgot to mention that, I get really oily and shiny within a couple hours of make-up application.  Including minerals!  It just doesn't matter.  The BB cream works to help combat that.  I still get a little shiny, but I don't feel the need to load up on powder. 

Oh and prettyandcute.com had fast shipping and there was a sample and a full size product included!  So they definitely have themselves a new customer!   There are so many things I want to try including a lip stain, Lioele Blooming Pop.   I'm huge on customer service.  There are so many websites out there, so many products...  If I don't feel like a company cares about my business, I move on.  Seriously.

So expect a haul from prettyandcute.com in the future.  Maybe near, maybe far, but it will definitely happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment