Tuesday, January 7, 2014

L'OREAL Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

I received this as compensation from the L'OREAL Consumer Testing Program.  I think that this was for completing surveys.  I have tested out a few products in recent years and L'OREAL will send a gift a week or 2 after completing the final survey for the particular product that you tested.  You can join here

You will fill out an initial survey about your demographics, skin and hair type, etc.  Occasionally, they will send an email indicating that you may qualify for an upcoming study.  The studies fill up quickly so I try to log in every few days or once a week to see if there are any surveys I can take for upcoming studies.   Testing is confidential.  The past few studies I have participated in were for foundations.  Fun stuff!  

Years ago I was a huge fan of L'OREAL Voluminous Carbon Black.  I switched to Lancôme for many years and then AVON, then back to the drugstores, Urban Decay...  I've tried a fair amount over the years. 

I keep accumulating Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara samples which I love, love, love.  It's a bit difficult to remove but it holds my curl and I'm very happy with the results.  I don't necessarily love a brand new tube, I like it to dry out slightly so it is perfect about week 2.  It doesn't "curl" my lashes, but it holds my curl which is a big deal for someone with super straight lashes.

After about a week of use, L'OREAL Voluminous Butterfly Mascara is my new favorite.  I mean just wow.  This could totally change after a month of course but as it stands right now, it's amazing. 

 
Package details:
 
 
 
 
 
I will admit, the wand is a bit crazy, but the design works.  It picks up a perfect amount of product which is crucial for mascara application.  If the design picks up too much product at once, globs and clumping ensues and it can be a real mess.  The shorter bristles work perfectly for the inner corner and lower lashes and the longer "butterflied out"end expertly coats and flares out your outer lashes.  The flared end really works perfectly for my eye shape.  I'm impressed.






Here is my before lashes, curled.  I mentioned earlier that I had some eyelash breakage from a curler I had been using for a very long time.  I ended buying the Shiseido eyelash curler as a replacement which I have been very happy with.  Review coming soon!  But you can see the short lashes on my outer corner.  They were much, much worse.
 
 
Bam!  Fixed.  This is one coat.  No clumps, a perfect amount of product.
 

 

This is 2 coats.  It's buildable, without clumping.  I just love this mascara.  It smells of Lancôme, a light rose scent that doesn't linger like I've noticed (and don't mind) Lancôme will do.

Fun fact: My eyes spontaneously tear in the sunlight, wind, cold, you name it.  I was out in the windy cold over the weekend with my daughter selling Girl Scout cookies (it's that time of year!) and forgot to bring a tissue to dab.  To my surprise, this mascara did not run.  There is nothing on the package indicating that it is waterproof but this stuff stays on.

However, washing it off was super easy.  I will either use a makeup remover wipe or Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil to dissolve everything as a pre-cleanse.  I will use a variety of cleansers on hand then use a eye make up remover on a cotton wool to remove any mascara, liner etc left over. This mascara came off very easily. 

So just to reiterate...  I really love this mascara.  It was a total surprise that I would be blown away.  Good stuff!

Have you tried L'OREAL Voluminous Butterfly Mascara?  What do you think?  What's your favorite mascara currently?


No comments:

Post a Comment