Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 2 Beauty Box Results

Like last week, a few extra products made an appearance into this week's box.

Let's check it out!


Here's what I started with:



And here's what I ended up with:




Cleanser, Mask, Exfoliant: I really liked the Eslor Introductory Collection sampler packet.  They were generously sized and lasted 3 days!  The Soothing Cream was thicker but absorbed quickly and was non-greasy which is everything that I look for in a winter moisturizer.  The scrub was a bit chunky to my liking, I much prefer smaller granules but it smelled of almond and smoothed my skin nicely.  As well as the mask.  It wasn't overly drying and smoothed everything out.  Like I've said in the last post, I really like using skincare from the same line.  Mixing and matching, which unfortunately I do often, can be detrimental to sensitive skin type so do so cautiously!

Another skincare line that made it into the box was Olay Professional PROx Clear.  I bought this set over the summer on vacation at Walgreens on clearance for $11.  There were 2.  Hindsight, I should have bought both but I had never tried the system before and it's still going strong.  But I usually break this out a couple times a week just to clear out my skin and to make sure its staying clear.  The line boasts Salicylic acid which my skin prefers and responds favorably to.  I do not get the same results from benzoyl peroxide.  This set comes with a cleanser, treatment and a light weight lotion which has a slight silicone feel to it. 

Treatment: In the past few weeks I have been using my ANEW Rejuvenate Glycolic Facial Treatment.  They have reformulated and repackaged this product as of late so this is the old version in blue.  This product works really well.  I use it as a treatment but I wash it off after a couple of hours.  On mornings where I don't have to leave the house immediately, I will wipe my face with a cleansing wipe and then smooth on this treatment.  I then wash it off 1-2 hours later. It has lost it's strong perfumey scent which is a good thing but that also tells me that the product is probably starting to lose its vitality and it might be time to pitch.  I've had it for a very long time.  I've been following this out of the shower or after cleansing with Omojo fine line defense halobios serum.  I also picked this up at Walgreens on clearance during the same trip I picked up the Olay PROx clear set.  I really like light weight serums as they absorb quickly and I cannot feel them on my skin.

Since I've been out of my beloved Caudalie Beauty Elixir and not sure I am going to repurchase because of the alcohol content to be honest...  I had picked up Heritage Store Rosewater a while back and have been testing this out as a finishing spray.  I usually use Urban Decay De Slick but lately I haven't needed anything oil controlling just something to take the powdery look away.  The directions on the bottle do not indicate that this is to be used on the face, but it feels and smells really nice.  Also combined with the following products, it has become this week's complexion dream team.

Foundation, CC cream: Bourjois Healthy mix in 52 is just slightly too dark right now.  So I decided to mix it with L'OREAL True Match Lumi in W1-2, top this off with a setting powder which I had a sample of Meow Cosmetics Purrrfect 1-Sleek in Sphynx and a spritz of the Rosewater and BAM!  This is complexion heaven.  I was left with a gorgeous, poreless, healthy sheen.  I used Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC cream as a moisturizer underneath so I will try to replicate this again and do a separate blog post if I still feel strongly about this combination of products!

Another foundation that made it into the mix this week is Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation.  Not sure why they put "liquid" into the description mix because this is seriously thick stuff.  But if you want a super matte face, I would consider trying this one out.  I only used it once but I see this being in heavy rotation as soon as the humidity returns.  It's been in the 30's and 40's here!  Yowsers!

Primer: I used both the Too Faced Primed and Poreless and Clarins Instant Smooth when I remembered!  I've been trying to use up my Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender which I have hit serious pan on. I use this over foundation or as a touch up after blotting.  I recently picked up the new CoverGirl truMAGIC Skin Perfector and I will be comparing the two soon for you!

Eye Cream: I'm still using the Arbonne Corrective eye cream sample.  I think I will be finishing it up this week. And I think I have one more use of the MAD Skincare from Week 1.

Eyeshadow & blush: In addition to WnW Comfort palette, I used my favorite L'OREAL Infalliable in Bronzed Taupe.  Its just so easy to sweep it across the lid, blend it out into the crease and wing out some liquid liner and call it a day.  I love the "definer" shade on the left side of the Comfort palette as a liner.  In addition to my mark by AVON blush palette which is not pictured, I used MAC Crew a lot this week.

Like last week, I will just dump the products I didn't use into this week's box.

I didn't get to the Benefit eye cream, LancĂ´me Dream tone, Guerlain L'Or, Nip + Fab Viper Venom,  and Weleda Iris Hydrating Day Cream.

I have a weekly empties post coming up shortly!

What did you use up this week?  Have you tried the new Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment