Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 1 Beauty Box Results

Tremendous success!  :)

A few things crept into the box during the week which of course I will share as well as my empties.  Weekly empties will probably work out much nicer.  I have 2 paper grocery bags of empties (garbage/recyclables) in my closet that is too daunting to even take a photo of.  Starting fresh for 2014!

Here's what I started the week out with:



Here is what I ended out the week with:


Foundation: I used CoverGirl outlast stay fabulous in 825, Buff Beige which is a perfect color match.  For some reason I felt it was too dark.  And now that my skin has "normalized" during the colder winter we have been experiencing in the South (shorts & t-shirts today though!), it just lasts and lasts. 
BB/CC/DD Cream: Super+ Beblesh Balm from Skin79.  I love this BB cream.  It can be a bit light, especially in the summer for me.  It was definitely a perfect base for the CoverGirl Outlast.  Kate Sommerville CC Cream in Light/Medium is too dark but works well if used sparingly as my moisturizer.  I will finish this up next week.
Primer: I used Revlon PhotoReady for a couple of days.  I mostly used the Skin79 for my primer.  Revlon doesn't fill in my pores and I didn't like the way Outlast wore over it.  Too Faced Primed and Poreless worked much better at filling in my pores and smoothing out the surface of my skin.  I used L'OREAL Magic LUMI as a cheekbone highlight.  I forgot how much I like this.
Moisturizer: I really liked the Juice Beauty Nutrient Moisturizer.  It feels substantial but absorbs quickly and is non-greasy.  I would like to purchase a full size of this someday.  I finished the Argan Cream from Babor Cosmetics.  It is super rich and perfect for dry skin ladies.  It's lovely on the hands and cuticles...  :)
SPF: CoverGirl was SPF 20, Skin79 BB cream SPF50+ PA+++
Eye cream: Arbonne Corrective Eye Cream sample followed by MAD Skincare Eye Defense Shielding Serum.  Maybe I should have reversed the 2 but the MAD Skincare eye serum felt a bit silicone-y and felt it was appropriate on top to seal in the Arbonne.  :)  I still have plenty left for next week.
Serum and/or treatment: Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion used exclusively day and night on face and neck.  I still have leftover for next week!  Didn't touch the Guerlain L'Or.  Save for next week?
Cleanser: Juice Beauty Cleansing milk has a strange scent. Strange meaning I don't think I could wash my face with it every night. I also finished up a 30mL sample of Philosophy purity one step-facial cleanser which is nice and I appreciate all the samples I've used in the past.  I also used Neutrogena ultra gentle daily cleanser.  It's a foamer, which I've read that I need to stay away from but cannot remember the details.  I will have to look that up again.  But it wasn't over-drying.  I like it.  I will be using up the rest next week.
Mask: Eve Lom Rescue Mask... Oh baby.  I love, love, love this!!!  It's reminiscent of the infamous, ultra expensive Glam Glow but I think it works a lot better.  I used up a full size of Glam Glow and was left with a sore wallet and dumb founded as to why everyone loves it.  I was left with super, oily skin the day after using it.  Like blotting every 30 minutes oily.  Maybe I need to try the white tub version but Eve Lom just blew it out of the water for me.  I really felt and saw tighter pores, smooth, bright skin and no rebound oiliness.  I will buy a full size of this.  And I think it s few dollars cheaper.
Some type of exfoliant:  I used my Clarisonic and the new Garnier Clean  Balancing Daily Exfoliator Grapefruit + Pomegranate.  It smells wonderful.  I will save the Wei Pomegranate beads for another week.
Some type of palette, eyeshadow, blush, etc.  This week was theBalm Nude'tude palette.  Also a staple in my daily routine, Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.  For blushes I used Revlon Matte in Rose Rapture, and Milani Powder Blush in #201 Luminous.  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze also made an appearance this week.  I paired this with Tarte skinny smolderEYES in Sunstone Bronze.  Really liked the combination.  I also used the dual Julep Kajal Eye Glider in brown shimmer and carbon black.  I really like this liner.  I reach for it often.  It's nice and soft, smudges readily, sets and stays mostly put.  For setting powder I used Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder.  Mostly under the eyes.  I haven't felt the need to powder up lately.  That will change quickly when the humidity returns... Stila Convertible color dual lip & cheek cream is lovely.  I'm not sure what shade this is but from looking at the website it looks close to Lillium?  I just used it on the lips so far and I really like the color.  I topped it off with a Philosophy lip gloss which I love.  And of course L'OREAL Lashout Butterfly Mascara.  You already know how much I love it!

Extras:  I finished up Rita Hazan Root Concealer in Light Brown.  This is awesome for extending the time in between coloring. Totally covers grays and helps blend in overgrown roots.  I can last even through a washing if you don't scrub!  I have about 4-5 inches of growth (grays oh my!) It's long over due for a cut and color update.  I haven't had a hair cut since last June!  I haven't dyed my hair in months either.  I really missed my natural hair color!

Oh and I broke out the old Lashem eye lash serum so I can work on that.  If I throw it in the box I use it!  This lash serum works pretty well.  I see results fairly quickly too many times after picking this up after an extended time for it to be a coincidence.  I think it really works.  For concealers I used Maybelline Fit Me this week in Fair and Light and Physicians Formula Concealer Twins in Light as well as my Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque.

Ah, the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge might be the very reason I fell back in love with CoverGirl Outlast.  This sponge is better than the Beauty Blender in my opinion.  It is just a tad softer but it blends beautifully.  And I like the shape so much better.  It fits the contours of the face perfectly.  I found with the Beauty Blender it took a couple tries to get the technique right, this incarnation is much user friendly and easier to hold.  And can we talk about the price difference for a minute?  RT Miracle Complexion Sponge is a mere $6.  You can pick up 2 on a BOGO 50% sale at Ulta for $9.  SOLD!  Total no brainer.

First week was rather successful sticking to the plan.  There were a couple products that I skipped but I will just add to next week's box which I need to get ready!

What did you use up this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment