Monday, December 9, 2013

Black Friday: CVS

This is a little late but here's some more Black Friday shopping!

CVS had a crazy 4 day sale before Black Friday and that's when I shopped.  I took advantage of all, well most of the freebies and gift card purchase that generated $25 in ECB.  All in all I walked out with over $50 ECB.  I turned around and spent some and earned back more ECBs during 2 more trips and got a lot of good deals on toothbrushes, toothpaste, vitamins for the kids, mouthwash, paper towels etc.

When finally got to CVS late Saturday night (8:50pm) after the Black Friday madness, I grabbed 5 items and headed up to the register and realized my ECBs didn't print.  What I didn't know was that CVS activates their Sunday sales on Saturday after 6pm.  So the transaction had to be voided.  The manager was patient but explained nicely that I needed to read over the coupon policy, plan better, and basically know what I'm doing before I get up to the register.  Duly noted.  I did walk in 10 min before closing.  :)

I went in for Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss and lip butters.  All on sale for $6.99 with $4 ECB limit of 6.  I grabbed 4 and had $2 coupons.



Berry Allure and Snow Pink super lustrous lip gloss
Lollipop and Fig Jam Lip Butters

Transaction #1:
GUM multipack toothbrush $2, $2 ECB
Revlon, 4x6.99, 4x$4 ECB with 2/$2 coupons

I had $5 off $25 purchase which didn't come off and my $16 in ECB's didn't print.  Also I paid with a $20 ECB and a $5 ECB but it only used $21.66 of the $25 ECB so it didn't take the $5 ECB.  This is where it gets weird.  She handed me back the $5 ECB but then the manager came over took it from me and told me that I "lost it."  Meaning because of my piss poor planning, I should have had a filler item because ECB's do not cover tax.  Which I get but I had a total in my head, about $30, use my $5 off $25 CVS coupon, my 2/$2 off coupons and use earned ECB and get back $18 in ECB.  Easy right?  Nope.

The manager kept my original receipt so I can't refer to it but Sunday's sale was BOGO 1/2 off on the Revlon.  So she voided out the lip products, put the refund on a CVS money card, re-rang them up, couldn't use my original coupons because CVS doesn't refund coupons anymore (duh, read the coupon policy!) Now my $5 off $25 coupon came off (yippee!) and used the $23.52 money card and I paid $1.05 out of pocket for the Revlon lip products and got back $20 in ECBs because she refunded me the $4 I lost from paying with the $5 ECB.  Nice manager.  :)

So lesson learned, read coupon policies, know what sales are going on, don't shop at CVS 10 minutes before closing on a Saturday night after a crazy Black Friday...  If you do shop on Saturday night, make sure you tell the person at the register which sale you want, the new week or the old week.  Got it?!

Logging into my Extra Care Account I see that the $5 ECB that was kicked out was still there for me to print.  Awesome!

What's on your list this week?

I will definitely go back to CVS and see if there is any more clearance items! 

No comments:

Post a Comment