Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Road to VIB

Most retailers have a Rewards Program.  What's not addicting than a little positive reinforcement to our spending?  It keeps the customer happy and spending and the store happily churns out the profits.  Win!  :)

One thing I dislike about Sephora was the $8 shipping charge.  I live 2.5-3 hours away from a Sephora.  I found myself ordering a lot from Nordstrom as they always have free shipping.  So when Sephora offered free 2-day shipping for the rest of the year for $10 or maybe it was $20, I scooped that right up. 

Shipping is immediate, within 24 hours.  Most of my orders did come within 2-3 days, the Naked3 palette took 4 for example. 

And that's what I like about Sephora.  They know their customer.  They ship fast, their communication is superb, ship with samples, have a generous rewards program, have Friends & Family sales and give out a $15-$20 giftcard near the end of the year.  It's strategic and effective at satisfying the customer and at keeping us ordering!

And order did I with the free 2 day shipping which I hope that they offer again next year!

Over the summer, end of August to be exact, I placed an order for Soap & Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser and I noticed that I had over 350 points so I cashed them in on various deluxe samples and just assumed I was a VIB after that order or very close to it.  I didn't realize that you had to spend $350 in a single calendar year, January to December.  I was over $200 away...  Oh the disappointment!

In November, I noticed that I was $168 away.  I thought never am I going to make it this year.  But after trading some Victoria Secret cards for Beauty Insider gift cards (thanks ladies!) it quickly became a reality and my last order of NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder, earned me Very Important Beauty Insider baby!


Now what does this mean?

Shop the 20% off VIB sale.
VIB gifts.
Double/Triple point ordering periods.
In-store events (that I probably won't be able to take advantage of).
Opportunities to order new products first.

But VIB Rouge is really something to strive for! 

After a $1000 spent at Sephora, you become VIB Rouge.  Everything VIB plus free shipping on all orders and special gifts.  At first I thought no way, but I definitely (sadly but happily!) spend $1000 a year on skincare, Clarisonic brush heads, makeup, nail files, oil blotting sheets, foundations, powders, eye primers, makeup removers... 

I just checked my status and it seems that I am $644 away.  Hmm...  But will my points start back at zero January 1st?  I think so.

So here are my most recent purchases that put me into VIB status:


I did use 3 $15 Beauty Insider gift cards that I traded Victoria's Secret Secret Rewards cards saving me $45 total which was a nice bonus. 

1. Not pictured are of course, an expensive necessity, Clarisonic brush heads twin pack-Deep Pore.

2. Naked3

3. NARS Cream Blush in Enchanted which was on sale for $10!  Couldn't resist with free shipping.  :)

4. NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder.  I was torn between this and the Hour Glass Ambient Lighting powder but ultimately went with this.  I'm nearing the end of my Rimmel Stay Matte powder which has not been sitting nicely on my skin as of late.  I've hit major pan, not sure if it's old, my skin is a bit dryer, the wrong color but it's translucent...  I needed a change.

5. Shiseido eyelash curler which was a major necessity after my Urban Decay eyelash curlers broke off my lashes!  I'm not sure if I was over due changing the rubber pad or what but the outside of my right eye and the inside of my left eye lashes were stubs for about a month.  We are talking almost midway about 1/2 inch.  I will do a review on the Shiseido so look for that soon!

Are you a Beauty Insider, VIB or VIB rouge?

No comments:

Post a Comment