Monday, December 9, 2013

Black Friday: Rite Aid

This is a pathetic post but since I really went crazy at Walgrens, I only grabbed a couple of deals.

(Confession, not pictured is the craziness of last week's Rite Aid deals, can you say Tide and Nexus, which I tried to earn +up rewards specifically for Black Friday but I never made it to RA and the shelves were cleared of the items that I wanted by Saturday when I made it into a store.) 

And speaking of shelf clearers...  I've been out of the couponing game for a few months, well let's just call it a year.  Of course I still cut coupons and bought things from time to time but this past month, I'm back in serious.  :)  Well, another trip to the closer CVS yesterday afternoon and BAM, everything was gone.  I mean, every item on my list was gone, cleared from the shelves.  I will have to start shopping earlier or just go to my favorite, very far away CVS, which is almost overwhelmingly stocked.  :)

I digress, Purex laundry detergent (not in photo) was on sale Buy 1, get 2, $5.99, $1 coupon

Julie G textured nail polish in Ho Ho Ho, on sale $3, $3 +up rewards Free!

Nivea hand cream tins 3/99 cents. Love love love!  Usually they are 99 cents each.  I go through these fast but they are good.

Scunci $1.99 with $1.99 +up rewards. Free!



I used rewards and paid a $1 something in tax and got back $4.99 in +up rewards.  I can't find my receipt! I already cut off my +up rewards so maybe I just tossed it.  During one of last week's crazy shopping trips I had the cashier changed my rewards back to printing them at the end of the receipt.  I just don't like the way that the "computer system" takes rewards off trying to "find" the better deal.  Call me old fashioned, I just like to hand them over so my OCD self can see the total subtract.  The first time I lose a +up reward, I will probably go back to loading it on my Wellness card though.

I also got a rain check for 3 Yardley bar soap which were 3/$3 with $3 + up rewards. Free! I like the lavender scent.  :)  I'm not sure if any other drugstore does rain checks but it doesn't hurt to ask.  I was surprised that RA still issued them.  I'm certainly not complaining. 

So it looks like I will be in RA this week for my Yardley with my $4.99 +up rewards!



No comments:

Post a Comment