Thursday, December 12, 2013

New Beauty Test Tube

Oh sample subscription services...  I can't quit you.  And this most recent New Beauty Testtube is awesome!  It's just jam packed with beauty goodness.

If you are not familiar with New Beauty, it's a sample subscription service that is mailed every 2 months or 6 times a year.  It is $29.95 plus shipping which is I believe $8.95.  The products come in an actual tube.


This is my 3rd tube I believe, I first ordered through QVC which I will do again next time because of Easy Pay! I just took a sneak peak at the next one and all my favorite brands are included, It Cosmetics, Peter Thomas Roth, Mally, Perricone MD, Bliss... Ugh, so difficult to say no! And QVC shipping is lower than through the New Beauty website.




Let's start off with  Lumene Time Freeze CC Cream. This is a full size retailing at $14.99. The day this came in the mail (close to a month ago?  I've lost track.) I had just come across this product in either CVS or Walgreens.  I have really enjoyed the Lumene range and have tried loads of their products. I used to love Lumene's time freeze stick.  It had a hefty price tag too, $19.99.  Side note... In some CVS', it's on clearance right now for $9.99!  I've seen it both on clearance and not on clearance at different CVS locations.  Strange...

I received the CC Cream in light which seems like a good color match for me.  I would say that this has medium coverage, neutral to yellow undertone, 20 SPF and a slight matte finish.  So far so good! I'm almost out of my Rachel K CC cream (Update:  I just finished it today!) so this is perfect timing to give Arctic Lingonberry (key ingredient) a spin.  :)

Glo therapeutics refresh facial polish.  A full size at 1.7 fl oz retails at $24.  This sample is 1 fl oz. Again, perfect timing.  I have 1 more use of my Sibu exfoliator.  Did New Beauty spy in my bathroom to see what I needed?  Lol. It has a fresh lemony mint scent.  Essential oils and jojoba beads...  It is a smaller grit polish which I enjoy using on my face.

Molton Brown Pink Pepperpod Nourishing Body Lotion.  Full size 10 fl oz $42. This has an interesting scent.  A bit masculine, clean, spicy...  I like it!  The description says it contains patchouli. This is a great winter scent.  It might become my new favorite!

Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner.  I haven't used Dove shampoo in a few years so it will be nice to try it out again.

Votive Icy Blue Pine. This is full size and costs $15.  Tiny candle but says the burn time is 40 hours. This candle is the quintessential smell of the holidays.  We have a fake tree this year because of family that will be visiting with allergies so this candle gives me the Christmas tree smell that I am missing this year! The pine scent is balanced nicely with cedar.

StriVectin-EV Get Even Brightening Serum.  Full size 1.7 fl oz, $89 and the sample is 1 fl oz.  Nice sample size for a pricey serum! I just finished my Avalon Organics Vitamin C serum. I haven't repurchased because I couldn't decide weather I liked it or not or if it made a difference but I did finish up the bottle.  Vitamin C is great for brightening so I will check back in a couple of weeks to update you on how well this product is working.  I like the smell of this one, orang- perfumey.  Not too strong but if you have an aversion to scented products, this one isn't for you.

Vasoline lip therapy in rosy lip tint. Full size $1.99. I've had this in the plain variety.  This has a rose tint and rose fragrance.  It is very light and feels good on the lips.  The tint is pretty too.  I think the packaging is adorbs but dipping my finger and getting product under my fingernail has never been a fave if mine!

Camille Becjman Glycerine Hand Therapy in French Vanilla. A full size is 6 fl oz for $12.49.  Now vanilla is really one of my favorite scents but this is neither overalls sweet or overpowering. It's more like a vanilla buttercream.  I really like it.  And my hands feel very soft after it absorbed rather quickly.  Well done.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease. straight Fixation Smoothing Creme.  I don't think that I have tried this before. I've been blow drying my hair a lot lately so this will come in handy to prevent my hair from drying out and flyaways.

Last but not least...

Also the Testtube comes with some bonus samples!  Only 2 this month.  Another John Frieda Frizz-Ease product and a foil packet of eraclea pure hydration serum/zinc.  It's made with HylaSponge System which sounds very interesting!

I am very pleased with the contents of this Testtube.  I'm looking forward to using all of the products!

Have you tried New Beauty Testtube?  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment